7 Best Printer Under 200 Dollars For Home & Offices
Day by day, the popularity of printers is increasing among people. Having a printer is becoming a luxury because of its multipurpose nature. With the variety of printers available today, it is hard to pick one. While buying the best printer under $200, there are many things a user should consider.
To save you from all the struggle to find the best printer under 200, we have compiled a list of seven printers, keeping various users and their needs in mind. Here we bring to you our list, which will help you select the best printer under $200.
Best Printer Under 200 Dollars
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e Wireless Color Printer
- BEST FOR SMALL BUSINESSES AND HOME OFFICES – Print professional-quality color documents like forms, reports, brochures and presentations
- KEY FEATURES – Fast color print, copy, scan and fax, plus 2-sided printing, mobile and wireless printing, and an auto document feeder
- FAST PRINT SPEEDS – Print up to 20 pages per minute in black and 10 pages per minute in color
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e is a color all-in-one printer that is wireless. It caters to home offices and small enterprises.
It has a large sheet holding tray that can hold roughly 225 sheets. It contains a dependable automated document feeder as well as auto-duplex functionality.
This printer has a best-in-class print speed of approximately 22-25 pages per minute when printing on plain paper. Even when using thick paper, the printing speed remains high.
This printer can print on plain paper, cardstock, and envelopes, among other materials. The quality of print delivered by this printer is terrific. The effects are spectacular when you use high-quality paper. Even when the burden is increased, it provides consistent results.
Connectivity is a significant concern, and this printer has you covered. The HP Smart application allows you to connect your smartphone directly to the printer. It supports many different cloud services and operating systems.
It supports WiFi-Direct printing and runs on WiFi 5.0. It boasts a “self-healing” WiFi technology that automatically resolves minor connectivity difficulties.
Because you can purchase authentic HP cartridges at affordable costs by subscribing to the HP Instant Ink program, the cost of printing on this printer is minimal.
It can be the best all in one printer under 200 if minor flaws are overlooked. One of the printer’s primary flaws is that it is difficult to set up and use for non-technical people. To set this up without a hitch, one needs prior expertise in setting up a printer.
- Offers a tremendous feature-to-price ratio.
- It is a high-speed printer.
- The quality of the print is excellent.
- Setting up the printer is tricky.
- It shows alert even when there is a lot of ink left.
2. Canon TR7020 Wireless Color Printer
- Print, copy, scan and navigate the features you need using the clear, brightly-lit1.44 OLED Screen.
- Copy and scan multi-page documents fast and easy with the 35-sheet compactAuto Document Feeder (ADF).
- Easily print square photos right from your smartphone or social media. Choose from either 5 x 5 or 3.5 x 3.5 square Canon photo paper.
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi
- Paper size: 3.5 x 3.5, 4 x 6, 5 x 5, 5 x 7, 7 x 10, 8 x 10, 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14
- Printer technology: Inkjet
The Canon TR7020 is a wireless all-in-one color printer that works on inkjet technology. It is a compact multipurpose printer that can print, scan and copy.
It has a dual tray system, with each tray capable of holding about one hundred sheets. The exceptional feature of this printer is its compact 35-sheet automatic document feeder, which makes copying and scanning documents very fast. It also has an auto-duplex feature for two-sided printing.
The quality of print delivered by this printer is decent. The colors are sharp and crisp, and the blacks look like natural black. The grade increases with an increase in the quality of the paper. The rate of printing is relatively low but acceptable for a home printer.
This printer does not allow the use of standard inks. It works only with Canon-certified inks, which are expensive. So, the cost of printing is relatively higher on this printer.
This printer offers a lot of connectivity options. It works on WiFi 5.0 and supports wireless printing via WiFi-Direct printing. Your smartphone connects directly to the printer via the Canon Print application, which allows you to edit your images and documents before printing.
Also, it offers support for various cloud services like AirPrint, Google Drive, and Dropbox. This printer is also Mopria certified.
The tech support provided by Canon is not up to the mark for this printer. This printer frequently jams under a heavy workload. If you do not have a heavy printing job and need a Canon printer, this is the best printer under 200.
Also, the scanning quality on this printer is good, but it can be a hectic task to scan without the Canon application.
- Large size automatic document feeder.
- The connectivity offered is good.
- Dual-tray system.
- The cost of printing is high.
- Tech support is not ideal.
- Not meant to be put under a heavy workload.
3. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Printer
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, two-sided duplex printing and scanning, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, Instant Ink ready so youll never run out of ink, and more
- Easily print when and where you need to from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC; get convenient mobile printing options and mobile setup; connect the way you want to with Ethernet and wireless networking
- Built for business; produce fast professional-quality color for 50% less than lasers, save paper, and handle more tasks without slowing down
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is a wireless color printer. Being an all-in-one printer, it can print, copy, fax and scan.
This printer is compatible with printing materials like plain paper, cardstock, and heavy paper. It has a large capacity of over 200 sheets and can give an output of 60 sheets. It includes a compact 35-sheet automatic document feeder along with auto-duplex printing.
You can expect high-quality printing from this printer. Most of its users seem to be satisfied with this printer’s quality. The quality of photos that this printer can print is even better. There is no issue with misprints and blank spots.
This printer can print at twenty sheets per minute for monochrome and eleven sheets per minute for colored printouts. For a printer of this price, such printing speeds are terrific.
With the HP Instant Ink subscription, the cost of printing reduces to a great extent. It also provides two months of free ink.
This printer offers excellent connectivity options. It is compatible with all primary Operating Systems and Cloud Services. It provides support for WiFi 5.0 and WiFi-Direct printing.
For wired printing, there is support for USB Cable and Ethernet cable. The tech support provided by HP is good. They have 24×7 Web support available.
If its flaws are overlooked, it can be the best all in one printer under 200. Longevity is a major flaw of this printer.
Many users have complained that this printer shows error messages and frequently jams after a year of use.
Also, you can not use any other standard ink with the printer. So, it is kind of a compulsion to subscribe to the HP Instant Ink program.
- The rate of printing is very high.
- The print quality is excellent.
- Manual work is reduced as it has a 35-sheet ADF.
- It is not a durable printer.
- You can not use standard ink.
- It is noisy.
4. KODAK Step Printer Wireless Mobile Photo Printer
- FULL EDITING SUITE VIA APP | Download the Free Kodak App to create collages & customize your snaps with stunning filters, interesting borders, cool stickers, funny text & other personalized flair | Edit photos in your camera roll, then send to step for instant printing in less than 60 seconds
- Included components: Printer and accessories
The KODAK Step Wireless Mobile Photo Printer is unique on its own. It is manufactured to connect directly to your Android or iOS device and print photos.
It is a tiny, portable printer that works only on glossy photo paper. It works on the ZINK Zero Ink Technology because of which there is no need for ink cartridges, toners, or ribbons.
Meant exclusively for printing photos, the quality that this printer delivers is astonishing. It works on 2” x 3” sticky-back photo paper.
The printed images are of high quality. Sheets are treated with a safety layer that prevents smudges and tears, making the print durable. The detailing on the pictures is of high quality.
With the KODAK Step Application, you can edit your photos, make collages, customize your snaps and send them instantly for printing.
You can also carry this printer wherever you go because of its lightweight body. It runs on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides enough power to print twenty-five photos in one full charge.
It is the best printer under 200 for artists and creative people. Such a device comes in handy when making scrapbooks and diaries of a trip or a get-together. The major disadvantage of this printer is its build quality. Being a portable device, it does not have a sturdy build.
- Compact and lightweight design to carry around wherever you go.
- Print quality is outstanding.
- Comes with High-capacity postcard ink.
- Build quality is cheap.
- Hard to find refill cartridges.
5. HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Wireless Printer
- Print from your desk or on the go – Whether you print from your computer or connect your smartphone to this HP inkjet printer with built-in wireless direct, you can be confident in quality prints
- Affordable, professional color -Manage your budget with professional-quality color at up to 50% less cost per page than lasers
- Perfect for home offices – Get up to 18 pages per minute black, and up to 10 ppm color; recommended monthly volume of 200–800 pages
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 is a wireless color printer. Because of the limited capabilities it offers, it is less expensive than many of the other printers on our list, but it fulfills its function effectively as a printer. It is not a multipurpose printer.
It’s a tiny, lightweight printer explicitly designed for small workplaces and homes. It has a sheet capacity of roughly 250 sheets, which is enough. HP suggests a monthly output of only 200-800 pages, which is a low amount.
Because this is a compact printer, it relies on high-quality ink cartridges. It supports HP High-yield cartridges, which improve the printer’s capacity and reduce printing costs to some extent.
It’s a multipurpose printer that can print on ordinary paper, high-resolution paper, and cardstock, among other things. The printer supports a broad range of paper sizes and has a conventional maximum print size of 8.5″ x 14″. For the price, the quality of printing is marvelous. The final printouts on high-resolution paper are even better.
The print speed of this printer is its most notable feature. It can print black and white documents at a rate of 18-20 pages per minute on any type of paper. For color printouts, the speed tends to decrease to half of that for monochrome.
This printer is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and even Linux, vital for an office printer. WiFi 5.0, WPS, and Ethernet are all supported. The printer is easy to install. Connecting it to your WiFi is also a seamless experience.
Overall, this printer offers good value for money. It is the best printer under 200 for someone on a very tight budget. However, it is an older model. Furthermore, several reports of the print head failing when the printer is subjected to a heavy workload.
- Very affordable color printer.
- The quality of the print is good enough for this price.
- It is compact and ideal for small offices.
- Print head goes terrible often.
- This model is very old, so finding its spare parts might be challenging.
6. Brother Compact HL-L2350DW Monochrome Laser Printer
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Dynamic features accommodate your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter or legal sized paper.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
The Brother Compact HL-L2350DW Laser Printer is a monochrome laser printer. It is not a multifunctional printer.
It has a large sheet capacity of roughly 250 sheets in its tray. It’s both small and rugged. It comes with a dependable automated document feeder. It also features an auto-duplex function, which is helpful for two-sided printing papers.
Plain paper, cardstock, and envelopes are all compatible with this printer. As one would expect from a laser printer, this printer produces prints of terrific quality. The color black provides a lot of depth and substance.
Excellent results may be achieved by printing on high-quality paper. The most prominent advantage of a laser printer is that it eliminates the inconveniences of ink cartridge replacement.
It can print 32 pages per minute on ordinary paper, which is quite fast. When heavy paper is used, the printing speed does not suffer significantly.
This printer gives you a lot of options when it comes to networking. It supports WiFi 5.0, WiFi-Direct Printing, and Near Field Communication in terms of wireless connectivity.
Windows, Linux, and Mac are all supported. It also works with every primary cloud service like Google Drive, AirPrint, and Dropbox.
This printer is designed for consumers who simply require monochromatic, black-and-white prints. It is the best laser printer under 200 for those who want a black and white printer.
- The printing quality is excellent.
- The printing speed is the fastest in this price segment.
- You do not have to deal with the hassles of replacing ink now and then.
- It is a monochrome printer.
- The display provided is tiny.
- Connecting to WiFi is troublesome.
7. Canon PIXMA TR4527 Color Photo Printer
- Inkjet printer quickly and easily tackles the printing of workplace documents
- Print, scan, fax, and copy functions handle all your office tasks with ease
- Quickly generates Black prints at 8. 8ppm and color prints at 4. 4ppm
- Usb and 802. 11B/g/N capabilities give you both wired and Wireless connectivity options
- Features a 4800 x 1200dpi (Black and color) Print resolution quality and 600 x 1200dpi scan resolution quality
The Canon PIXMA TR4527 is a wireless color photo printer. It is a multipurpose printer that can fax, scan, copy and print. It is an improvised version of the PIXMA TR4520 printer.
It is a compact and light printer. It has an average sheet holding capacity of one hundred sheets. It supports an automatic document feeder and auto-duplex feature as well. It is a printer meant for general purposes. The maximum size of print offered by this printer is 8.5” x 14”.
This printer is compatible with plain paper as well as high-resolution paper. The quality of print delivered by this printer is good. It is more than enough for regular users. The quality of the final print depends a lot on the quality of the paper. This printer falters under a heavy workload.
The highest print speed is nine sheets per minute for monochrome printouts and a half for colored ones. It is pretty slow as compared to other printers on this list.
This printer offers limited connectivity options. It supports all primary cloud services and Operating Systems.
Using the Canon Print application, you can connect the printer to your smartphone. The USB cable provided in the box works without any issue. Also, this printer is compatible with all Alexa devices.
Despite its flaws, this printer is the best printer under 200 for someone who needs a cheap, all-in-one photo printer.
- Great features-to-price ratio.
- It is compact and easy to use.
- Connectivity options all work seamlessly.
- It is a slow printer.
- Build quality is not sturdy.
Things to Consider While Buying a $200 Printer
One must consider the type of paper a printer is compatible with. Many printers under 200 support regular paper as well as heavy paper. It is essential to check a printer’s compatibility with the type of paper you print on. The best printer under 200 should support printing on various materials.
Print Quality and Speed
The print quality of a printer is why the printer is bought. A good printer should deliver a sharp and crisp printout with no blank spots. There should be no spillage of ink on the paper. Also, the photos should come out to be vibrant.
The print speed should also be above-average. The best printer under 200 should offer a print speed greater than fifteen sheets per minute for monochrome.
Size is essential for a printer as nobody wants a bulky machine on their work desk. You should always prefer a compact and lightweight printer over a heavy one.
The best printer under $200 must have a compact size but should also have a tray size of at least one hundred sheets.
In my opinion, the best printer under $200 is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e. It is a wireless, all-in-one printer that is very inexpensive for the quality and features it provides.
The sheet holding capacity of this printer is ideal for most users, and its print quality is excellent for its price. In every way, this printer justifies the tag of the best printer under 300. Its features easily undermine its flaws.