Best Printer Under $150 For Personal & Offices
When your printing needs are not much, spending a lot of money on a printer is useless. Especially when you need a printer as a college or high school student, it is always good to buy an inexpensive one.
Moreover, until you want to use a printer professionally, you should never go for high-end printers as they may cost you a fortune. Similarly, you can quickly get a decent printer under the range of 150 dollars if you only want to buy it for occasional home and office use.
Although these printers may not contain as many features as professional printers, they are enough to serve your basic needs. Most of their features you may not even use in your lifetime if your need is basic.
If you are running low on budget but still need to buy a good quality printer, we can help you find the best printer under 150 dollars.
Therefore, the following list contains 7 of the best budget-friendly and affordable printers under 150 dollars.
Additionally, this article contains a buyer’s guide that will help you understand how to buy the best laser printer under 150, the best all in one printer under 150, and the best all in one printer under 150. Read on till the end to find out.
Choosing the best printer under 150 dollars
Printers come in many different varieties, sizes, and features. Choosing the best one for yourself, therefore, becomes a challenging task.
Especially if you are not able to spend more money on it, you may end up buying a printer with minimum features because of the low budget.
At the same time, it is important to understand that different brands offer different features for the same price. So, to help you make the best choice, here are 7 of our top picks to buy the best printer under 150 dollars.
1. HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Main functions of this HP DeskJet 3755 (3700 series) compact printer: copy, scan, wireless printing, AirPrint, Instant Ink ready so youll never run out of ink
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 4 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
The brand HP is one big name, especially in the world of laptops and printers. It offers a large variety of printers in different sizes and for different needs, and their printers are extremely budget-friendly and affordable.
And how can I forget to mention that they all have a great look with modern designs that you would love to purchase?
HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer is one such masterpiece offered by HP.
Generally, when looking for the best home printer under 150, you only get wired printers with minimum and basic features. This is what makes Deskjet 3755 our first recommendation for printers under 150.
You can easily connect this wireless inkjet printer to a smartphone, a laptop, and a personal computer using Wi-Fi connectivity.
Its main features include:
Printing from the cloud. The first thing you need to do for this is to download the HP Smart App. After this, you need to set up the printer. Finally, you can directly print documents and files from Dropbox, iCloud, Or Google Drive.
Trying to find an energy-star-rated product at a price as low as 150 dollars is like finding an ocean in the middle of a desert. Yes, almost near to impossible. But HP has made this possible, and that is why HP DeskJet 3755 stands on top as the best printer for under 150.
Further, it supports more than five different sizes of paper that you can print. Thus, it enables the printing of legal papers, letters, number 10 envelopes, and many other sizes.
Coming to the design, it has a very compact and portable design available in three different colors, namely seagrass, stone, and blue.
- Energy Star certified
- The wireless printer at an affordable price
- Compact and Stylish look
- It does not contain an automatic document feeder
2. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer
- Prints up To 27 ppm, automatic duplex printing
- 250 Sheet Capacity Paper Tray. A4 2-sided print speed-13. A4 standard print speed-26. Automatic 2 sided print. Recommended monthly volume-250 to 2,000 pages
- Refer the specification sheet below for contents of package and refer to the user manual for trouble shooting steps.
- Printer doesnt have Wi-Fi capability
- It prints sharp, professional black and white pages at up to 2400 x 600dpi resolution
Brother, the name of the brand itself looks pretty reliable and trustworthy.
Accordingly, if you only want to print everyday office documents and study notes, Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Printer is the best laser printer under 150.
It is one of the best affordable printers because you do not have to worry about refilling Ink cartridges every now and then. Moreover, it allows automatic duplex printing.
In this way, you can save a lot of money wasted on Ink cartridges and paper. At the same time, it is also environmentally friendly and safe to use.
Having a speed of printing 27 papers per minute, it is perfect for high-quality printouts with a resolution of upto 2400 x 600dpi.
Lastly, it contains a 250 paper sheet tray that works just fine for A4 size papers. For best results, you must use it with Windows 10. However, some of the drivers and softwares may not work smoothly if you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Automatic duplex printing
- Fast printing
- Automatic document feeder
- Noiseless working
- It is not wireless.
- It can not make colored printouts.
3. Canon PIXMA TS3520 All-in-One Printer
- Adjust settings on the 1.5” SEGMENT LCD SCREEN and straightforward buttons.
- COMPACT DESIGN to fit your space - available in black or white.
- Great document and photo print quality from 2 CARTRIDGE FINE HYBRID INK SYSTEM.
- EASY SETUP for smartphone and computer and a hassle-free printing experience.
- Load plain or photo paper with the dedicated REAR PAPER TRAY.
The Canon PIXMA TS3520 is a superb inkjet printer providing an overall excellent printing experience.
This best all-in-one printer under 150 dollars comes with adjustable segment LCD screen settings accompanied by a couple of buttons right on top of the device. Both of these things help you set it up very quickly within no time.
For connectivity, it gives you two options. Firstly, you can connect it via a USB cable. And secondly, you can also use it as a wireless printer by simply connecting it to Wi-Fi.
If you want to print out photos and colored pictures for your kids’ school projects, then Canon PIXMA TS3520 All-in-One Printer Is one investment that you would not regret making.
Accordingly, the rear paper tray can occupy both plain paper sheets and photo paper sheets. Plus, it can easily print on papers of sizes (4 x 6) inches, (8.5 x 11) inches, (8.5 x 14) inches, etc.
All in all, if you are looking for the best printer under $150, then Canon PIXMA TS3520 All In One printer is an excellent option.
- Easy to install
- Ideal for home and office use
- Not suitable for daily use
- Needs frequent ink refilling
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Wireless Printer
- Everything you need for impressive prints – From borderless, two-sided color prints to a 250-sheet input tray, this HP office printer delivers exceptional productivity for your small business
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app allows you to set up your HP color printer, scan documents with your smartphone camera and print from your smartphone
- Perfect for home offices – Get up to 18 pages per minute black, and up to 10 ppm color; recommended monthly volume of 200–800 pages
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three dollars per month; Original HP ink delivered before you run out; plus great savings on ink (optional)
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 Wireless Printer is an excellent printer under 150 with three connectivity options. Yes, you read that right. Three connectivity options in a printer that costs less than 150 dollars! These include Wi-Fi connectivity, USB, and Ethernet networking.
Its most exclusive features include automatic duplex printing, automatic turn on and turn off option, and an easy-to-access LED control panel.
Further, it is compatible with smartphones, laptops, and tablets. You can use it either as a wireless printer or by connecting it through USB.
Moreover, what makes it the best printer under 150 is the fact that it can support more than ten different sizes of paper sheets. These include A4, A5, A6, and many others. Plus, it is a high-quality inkjet printer perfect for small businesses, home, and office use.
To summarise, it has everything it takes to be the best printer under $150 to buy in 2022.
- Easy to set up and use
- Ideal for home, office, and small businesses
- Has multiple connectivity options
- Compatible with Chromebook, Linux, and Mac
- Affordable all in one printer
- It does not come with an automatic document feeder
5. HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
- BEST FOR BUSY FAMILIES – Print documents, borderless photos, homework and creative projects
- KEY FEATURES – Print, copy and scan in color, automatic 2-sided printing, auto document feeder, borderless photos, mobile and wireless printing
- 6 FREE MONTHS OF INSTANT INK & AN EXTRA YEAR OF HP WARRANTY – when you activate optional HP+ and Instant Ink when setting up your printer. Only with HP+.
- EASY SETUP – Get started fast on any device with the HP Smart app that guides you step by step
- CONNECT THE WHOLE FAMILY – Easily connect everyone from virtually any device. Self-healing Wi-FiTM helps keep you connected and reduces interruptions.
- HP SMART APP – Print, scan and copy from your phone—whenever, wherever. Get advanced features for 24 months with HP+.
- PRINT FROM THE CLOUD – Print and scan to and from your cloud accounts like Dropbox and Google Drive in a few taps
The fifth one on our list is the HP ENVY 6455e All-in-one wireless color printer. It is the most versatile product with the most unique and special features.
Generally speaking, when you buy a printer, what qualities and features do you look for? Automatic duplex printing, color printing, fast printing speed, Bluetooth USB, and wireless connectivity options, right? What if I tell you that you can find all of these features in just one printer. That’s right.
The good news is that the HP ENVY 6455e contains all of the features mentioned above. In fact, if this much is not enough, it even comes with an automatic document feeder.
On top of that, you can even print the decals and labels using it. Moreover, It comes with six months of free instant ink delivered to you just before you run out of it.
Hence, undoubtedly it is the best printer for under 150 dollars if you are looking for an all-in-one printer at an affordable price.
- Automatic Document Feeder
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Easy to set up
- Automatic Duplex Printing
- It uses a lot of ink
- Slow printing
6. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless Photo Printer
- With wireless connect and the Canon Print app, use your smartphone to quickly and easily set up your printer and print right from your smartphone or tablet
- With features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, auto power On/Off, a built in ADF, and Wi-Fi its easy to see why Pixma printers are so simple to use
- Connectivity technology: USB. Printer technology: Inkjet. Mobile Operating Systems- iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile, and Fire OS (Amazon Fire) devices
The Canon PIXMA TR4520 is a wireless, all-in-one printing device that works with Alexa to give you perfect prints.
It is an inkjet printer that can print documents and scan and fax them. However, since it only supports a paper size of 4 inches x 6 inches, it’s only recommended for simple home and office use.
Nevertheless, it is still the best home printer under 150 dollars, suitable for all basic needs. Especially if you’re looking for an under 100 dollar deal, this is definitely a good buy.
Now, coming to its features. If we talk about connectivity, you can connect your smartphone, PC, and Laptop to it via a USB or Wi-Fi.
Besides, it works on Inkjet printing technology and has an automatic double-sided printing feature too.
Not to mention, it also works with Alexa if you have one at your home or office. To set it up, all you have to do is command Alexa by saying, “Alexa, discover my printer.” Following this, Alexa will help you use the printer hands-free and tell you when the ink or toner gets over. So, you can pre-order it as you run out of ink.
- Very Affordable
- Good print Quality
- Can connect to Wi-Fi and USB both
- Not user friendly
- Difficult to set up
7. Brother HL-L2350DW Monochrome Laser Printer
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Dynamic features accommodate your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter or legal sized paper.
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock, envelopes, etc. to help you create professional looking documents.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
The last best laser printer under 150 dollars on our list is the HL-L2350DW model by Brother.
It is a compact and wireless monochrome laser printer available in grey and black colors.
The best feature of this printer is the wide variety of paper sizes that it supports. So, right from shipping labels to test papers to office documents, there’s nothing that you can’t print.
However, the only drawback is its inability to print colorful images and text.
So, if you need to print colored documents, we would suggest not going for this one. Instead, buy the HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Wireless Color Printer mentioned on no.3 in this list.
But that’s the only limitation. It also gives three connectivity options: Wi-Fi, USB, and NFC. Again, it also has automatic Duplex printing with a fast printing speed of 32 pages per minute.
To summarise, when it comes to buying the best printer under 150 that is not only wireless but also has super-efficient laser technology, Brother HL-L2350DW Monochrome Laser Printer is definitely an amazingly satisfying option to consider.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Best for basic needs
- Cannot make colorful printouts
- Has difficulty in connecting to the Wi-Fi
Things to Consider While Buying a printer under $150
One hundred fifty dollars may not be a huge amount of money. But when it comes to spending your hard-earned money, every penny and every cent is valuable. That is why when looking for the best printer under 150, you should always go for something that provides the best features at the best price.
But price and affordability are not the only criteria. Even though they are equally important, there are some particular things that you must have a brief idea about before buying a printer.
4 of the most important things to consider while buying a printer or as follows:
- Print Quality
- Printing Speed
- Tech Support
If we compare inkjet printers and laser printers, laser printers generally have a better print quality than inkjet printers. But they are also a little more expensive to buy.
Again, they have high maintenance and running costs. Plus, if your budget is only 150 dollars, then you may find it challenging to find a good color laser printer in that range.
Nonetheless, if you are a home or office user, an inkjet printer works just fine.
The main factor, however, is the DPI. It expands to dots per inch. It is the resolution factor that influences the print quality of a printer. Printers having a DPI of anywhere between 600 x 600 DPI and 4,800 x 4,800 DPI are available in the market.
It is frustrating to deal with a printer that prints at the speed of a snail. It not only wastes your time but is also annoying to wait for the printouts.
So, if you need to make bulk printouts regularly, go for a printer with a higher printing speed.
If you don’t know how to compare the printing speed of different printers, look for the PPM in the printer’s specifications.
PPM refers to pages per minute. It is the number of pages that a printer can print in 60 seconds. Likewise, it can be as low as ten ppm and as high as 50 PPM for different printers.
One important thing that you must know is that black and white printouts and colored printouts have different speeds.
Basic printers are easy to install and set up. But unless you are tech-savvy, you may find installing the more advanced printers problematic.
Therefore, taking the help of professionals is always an excellent option to consider.
That is why when buying the best printer under 150, you should look for brands and companies that provide the best customer support services and technical support systems.
Even when you know a thing or two about technology, tech support helps you save a lot of time wasted on understanding the instructions and installing the printer yourself.
Last and the most important thing to consider while buying a printer is the connectivity options.
Wireless printers that can easily connect to Wi-Fi are the best choice for connectivity. But some printers also provide excellent quality prints via a USB cable connection.
In fact, the All-in-One printers also contain multiple connectivity options ranging from Wi-Fi to USB to Ethernet.
The only problem that occurs with Wi-Fi-dependent printers is that they do not work offline. It often leads to connectivity problems leaving you confused and frustrated.
That brings me to the end of this article. Although we have tried to bring you the best products under 150 dollars to end your search for the best printer under 150, the market still has many other variables.
Our personal favorite from the list above is HP ENVY 6455e All-In-one wireless color printer. This is because it is a perfect all-rounder that can be easily used for all types of needs.
To be precise, we absolutely love the automatic document feeder and duplex printing features. Apart from this, out of all the seven products named above, it has the most variety of quality features for the 150 dollar range, making it the best printer under 150 dollars.
In a shell, the buying guide given above has everything that must know about buying an under-budget printer with the best features in 2022. I hope you find what you’re for!