Best 3D Printer Under 300 Dollars: Top Picks
The importance of having a 3D at home is increasing every day. Be it the changing curricula of the schools or people starting their online DIY stores; a 3D printer comes in handy. It can be used for recreational and professional purposes such as making cookie cutters and toys.
Picking the best 3D printer under $300 is a tricky task as in this price range, we have majorly entry-level 3D printers. Here we bring you a detailed list of some of the most popular beginner-friendly 3D printers for you to decide the best 3D printer under 300 as per your needs.
Best 3d Printer Under 300 Dollars: Listed
1. Official Creality Ender 3 3D Printer
- Resume Printing Function: Ender 3 has the ability to resume printing even after a power outage or lapse occurs.
The first printer on the list of the best 3D printer under $300 is the Official Creality Ender 3. Manufactured by Creality and marketed by Comgrow, this printer is compact for a 3D printer and is beginner-friendly.
It works on polylactic acid, the most commonly used 3D printing material. Being a third-generation printer, it has made many advancements over its prior versions. This printer can resume printing even after power-cuts, a handy feature.
The quality of the print is satisfactory for small objects. While working with big things, there are issues like gaps, lack of adhesion, or shifted layers. Thus, this printer is meant for beginners and recreational users. It is not for professional users.
Setting up this printer can be a bit tricky for beginners. It takes about two hours to set this up if you follow the proper steps. When assembled as mentioned in the online manual, print results improve drastically.
It works with any personal computer and using this is easy. The machine needs about five to seven minutes for the hotbed to reach 100 degrees celsius.
It comes with an upgraded extruder that decreases the risk of clogging and poor extrusion.
It is suitable to make DIY toys and STEM projects. It will also work well for a beginner at 3D printing and fulfill most of your small 3D printing needs if appropriately assembled.
- Affordable for college students, beginners, and recreational users.
- It is safe and easy to use, even for kids.
- Results are good if the printer is assembled correctly.
- Comgrow provides lifetime technical support for this printer.
- Assembling this printer is tricky.
- The final product lacks finishing.
2. Voxelab Aquila 3D Printer
- Fast Heating and Silent Printing: The Aquila 3D printer equipped with carbon crystal silicon glass plate and super quiet printing designing, the printing model will not easily become warped and the printing sounds is below 50 decibels.
Next on our list is the Voxelab Aquila 3D printer. This printer is much more advanced than most other printers in this price segment.
This printer works on various materials, from polylactic acid to Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, ABS. The printing quality on this printer is surprisingly good for a 3D printer at this price.
This printer includes a carbon crystal silicon glass plate to prevent warping the print. The glass plate provides strong adhesion to the print. If power cuts are a problem in your region, this printer has you covered because you can resume printing as soon as the power is back.
The Aquila offers support for modifications and upgrades. You can modify this printer to work on different materials with proper knowledge and technical support. This will improve the printing quality and turn your imagination into reality.
All of this is possible because Aquila is an open-source printer. Also, it offers support for various software like VoxelMaker, Cura, and Simplify.
Installing this printer is simple. Many components come in a pre-assembled installation kit. Using the manual, one can quickly assemble this printer and get going. Using this printer might be tricky for first-time users, but you will get used to it once you start using it regularly.
It is an excellent printer for anime models, toys, games, and STEM projects. Moreover, the value for money that this printer provides is fantastic.
- Fantastic value for money.
- Support for modifications and upgrades.
- It is compatible with various materials.
- Printing quality is amazing in this price segment.
- It is not easy to use for first-time users.
- Users have complained about Voxelab’s after-sales services.
3. ELEGOO Resin Mars 2 Pro Mono MSLA
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 Pro comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
The ELEGOO Resin Mars 2 Pro 3D Printer is in the upper price bracket of the under $300 price range. It is one of the most advanced and professional printers on this list.
It works on photopolymer resin and plastic. The print quality that this printer offers is stunning. It is comparable to the print produced by the high-end, more expensive FDM printers. The precision on the final print is just astonishing.
It includes a different light source structure that provides even UV light emission. For small models, there are no issues with the final product. For taller models, working at lower speeds is recommended.
The printer features a 6.08 inches 2K resolution monochrome LCD. It provides much-improved performance and, thus, less maintenance than the regular RGB LCD 3D printers. It is a major upgrade over the previous version of the Resin Mars Pro.
This printer is easy to use. It provides support for multiple languages from across the globe. It makes less noise and includes an in-built air filtration carbon-absorbing unit.
For safety purposes, this is a handy addition to the printer. The printer has a CNC machined aluminum body, making it sturdy.
Overall, this printer is not just for recreational purposes and STEM projects but also an excellent buy for any small-scale 3D printing job. Because of its multifunctionality, it is ideal for various users and does not disappoint under normal work circumstances.
- The print quality offered by this printer is astonishing.
- A variety of print speeds makes it suitable for a variety of work.
- Build quality is premium.
- The in-built air filter works fine.
- There is no protection on the LCD screen, and replacement LCDs are not readily available.
- Resin smells more than standard resin 3D printers.
4. ANYCUBIC Mega S Upgrade FDM 3D Printer
- WORKS OUT OF THE BOX: 3 steps to set up ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer with 8 screws and 3 cables for minutes, not only meets fast assembly needs for expert users but also friendly use to beginners. The rigid metal frame can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality.
The ANYCUBIC Mega S Upgrade FDM 3D Printer is a beginner-friendly printer from ANYCUBIC.
It works with various materials like acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, polyethylene terephthalate glycol, metal, thermoplastic polyurethane, high impact polystyrene, wood, and polylactic acid.
The print quality that this printer offers is comparable with other printers in this price segment. With the proper settings in the slicer, the prints are clean and smooth, and there is a lot of detailing in the output.
Setting up this printer is super easy. Eight screws and three cables are all it takes to get this printer going. It is a beginner-friendly printer with a simple interface.
It has a Titan extruder that provides precise extrusion. It reduces clogging risk and improves printing quality to a great extent.
You can resume printing from the same spot in case of a power outage. Many printers falter when the filament runs out, but this printer pauses the print and sets off an alarm.
Also, you have the option to add a laser engraving system to the printer. It increases the detailing in print.
There are some issues with this printer. The most significant problem is with its bed leveling. Adjusting the leveling is a time taking task.
Also, the location of the filament spool is not ideal. Cable management is also not up to the mark on this printer.
- You can add on a laser engraving system.
- The quality of the print is good.
- It is compatible with various materials.
- Adjusting the bed leveling is a hectic task.
- Using the USB and SD card is challenging because of the spool’s location.
- Cables are mismanaged.
5. Official Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer
- Self-developed Silent Motherboard: The Ender-3 V2 built-in self-developed silent motherboard, which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation.
The higher-end Official Ender 3 V2 is an innovative 3D printer by Creality. It is marketed by Comgrow. It offers many upgrades over the Ender 3 Pro at a little extra cost.
The highlight of this printer is the built-in self-developed silent motherboard. It has fast, more stable motion performance along with strong anti-interference. Despite being an open printer, its noise levels are shallow.
The print quality that this printer offers is excellent. The final products are sharp. There is a lot of detailing in the final print.
Unmounting the product from the hotbed is easy. If there is any power cut, printing resumes from the same point.
This saves time and reduces waste. This printer has a carborundum glass platform because of which even the first layer comes out to be ultra-smooth.
Beginners may need a few weeks to get used to this printer. Many users have complained about the leveling of the bed because the gantry falls. Overall, it is a good printer for rookies. Its usefulness remains in doubt for professional use.
- Low noise levels for an open 3D printer.
- Print quality is outstanding.
- The carborundum glass platform is a great addition.
- Ender series by Creality is an established brand in the 3D printing industry.
- Not beginner-friendly.
- Leveling of the bed is an issue.
6. FlashForge Adventurer 3 3D Printer
- Auto leveling – Removable and Heating bed,much easier to take down models.Its suitable for various 3d printer filament PLA,ABS,PETG filament etc
- What you get – Flashforge 3d printer Adventurer 3,12 months warranty, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service
The Adventurer 3 3D Printer from FlashForge is the most expensive printer on our list. It is made from stainless steel and is compatible with polyethylene terephthalate glycol, stainless steel, polylactic acid, and acrylonitrile butadiene.
It is a beginner-friendly printer with a very easy-to-use interface. The print quality on this printer is superb compared to other printers of this price segment.
The results are good even on cheap, low-quality printing materials. The final product has excellent texture and finishing.
Setting up this printer is easy. It comes almost pre-installed, and by using the manual, you can get it started in just an hour or so. It is easier to check what is happening while printing with a transparent window.
This printer has a filament detection function that automatically suspends printing when the filament is broken or used up. Printing resumes when the filament is replaced.
This printer’s noise level is relatively low because it is fully enclosed. The nozzle can be removed with just one push. Nozzles can also be replaced with high-temperature and more precise nozzles to get the desired results.
Overall it is a good printer for beginners and college students. Making STEM projects is a fun experience on this printer. The major drawback to this printer is that it does not fit larger spools. To fit large-sized spools, one needs to add a spool extension to the printer.
- Printing quality is superior.
- Beginner-friendly interface and easy to set up.
- Provides support for a variety of materials.
- Build quality is sturdy.
- The hotbed is small in size.
- Customer service is horrible.
- Using larger spools requires an additional extension.
7. FlashForge Adventurer 3 Lite FDM 3D Printer
- Build Volume: 150 x 150 x 150 mm
- Layer Resolution: 0.1-0.4mm
- Max. Print Bed Temperature: 100°C (212°F)
- Filament Compatibility: PLA/ABS/PEARL/PLA Color Change/METAL-FILLED/WOOD-FILLED/High Speed PLA
- Maximum Nozzle Temperature: 230C
The Adventurer 3 Lite 3D Printer is a Fused Deposition Modelling printer from FlashForge. It is an easy-to-use 3D printer that prints on various materials.
The Adventurer 3 Lite is compatible with many printing materials like Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Metal, Wood, Polylactic Acid, high-speed polylactic acid, and even pearl. The print quality of this printer is superb.
The final product is often sharp and precise. The results are distorted when the substance does not adhere to the plate. Otherwise, the results are excellent as per the price of the printer.
The Unique Selling Point of this 3D printer is it’s easy to set up and use functioning. It is one of the most beginner-friendly 3D printers available for under $300. Setting up the printer is child’s play.
You do not have to install it manually as the printer comes pre-installed. You can get going with the sample print in just ten to twenty minutes. The software from Flashforge is straightforward to understand.
This printer has support for WiFi and Ethernet cable and printing via USB cable. It is made for professional use, delivering consistent results even under a heavy workload. It is fully enclosed, thus, reducing noise to a great extent.
This printer has some drawbacks. Using spools other than the one provided in the printer is not possible.
The printer does not accommodate spools smaller than about 7” D, which is smaller than the standard size.
Also, the hotbed provided is a little small in size. Overall, the features offered by this printer are impressive for its price.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Affordable for professional users as well.
- Works on various materials.
- The results produced are of very high quality.
- Cannot use spools other than the one provided.
- The hotbed is small in size.
- Customer care service is very poor.
Things to Consider While Buying The Best 3D Printer Under 300?
Budget is the most critical factor whenever someone buys anything, and so is the case while buying the best 3D printer under 300. You should first check your needs and consider purchasing a printer that does what you want in your budget.
Printing Materials Used in Printer
Printing material used by a printer is another vital aspect to consider when buying the best 3D printer under $300.
Plastic is the most used printing material, followed by resin and carbon fiber. You should check a printer’s compatibility with the kind of material you want to use for printing.
Since 3D printing includes melting and burning plastics and fibers, safety is essential while buying the best 3D printer under $300. The hotbed must not be easily reachable, and the printer’s body must withstand the heat produced inside it.
Any in-built air filtration system is highly appreciated. The best 3D printer under 300 should preferably be fully enclosed.
Easy to use
Since the 3D printer will probably be used by a beginner, it must be easy to set up and use. Nobody likes the hassles of technology, and thus, a printer needs to be beginner-friendly. So, the best 3D printer under 300 must be easy to use to save time and extra effort.
Many printers can be termed the best 3D printer under $300. In my opinion, the FlashForge Adventurer 3 Lite FDM 3D Printer is the best 3D printer under 300.
This printer is compatible with various materials and supports WiFi, Ethernet, and USB Cable. Setting up this printer is super-easy as it comes pre-installed out-of-the-box.
It is a beginner-friendly printer that provides excellent print quality and durable build quality.
Its flaws are not too significant to be a deal-breaker. It ticks all the boxes that the best 3D printer under 300 must.