SKSE64 – Skyrim Script Extender Vortex | The Complete Guide
SKSE64 Vortex: Alright, Skyrim is no doubt one of the best games peeking the top charts right now. The game is an action-adventure role-playing game and is the fifth primary installment in The Elder Scrolls game series. The game is well-known and many developers have released numerous mods associated with it.
Since the game provides limited access to the developers for modding the game, many developers use third-party tools to enhance accessibility. One such mod is the Skyrim Script Extender Vortex.
Skyrim Script Extender Vortex or SKSE64 Vortex is a tool used by Skyrim Mods to extend the scripting abilities of the game. This, in turn, allows the developers to add additional features and functionalities to the original game. But before hopping onto the application, users should know about SKSE64 and the various things related to it.
This is why in this post, we are going to discuss almost everything about the Skyrim Script Extender Vortex, what are its requirements, and how to download and install SKSE64. We will also answer some of the most frequently asked questions among users.
What is SKSE64 Vortex
SKSE64 Vortex or Skyrim Script Extender Vortex is a tool that lets game mod developers add custom functionalities to their games. The tool is specifically developed for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and extends the scripting abilities of the game.
The scripting tool can be used to add external features to the game to make it more interesting.
How to Download SKSE64 Vortex
Now that you know about the requirements for using SKSE64 Vortex, it is time to download it on your device. The download link we’ve provided is official and secure.
Head over to the website, and click on the Archived Builds link. You’ll be presented with an index of all the builds of Skyrim Script Extender Vortex.
How to Install Skyrim Script Extender Vortex
Many users face issues while installing Skyrim Script Extender Vortex on their system. This is because the application is not provided as a standalone executable that can be installed easily. The users need to unzip the archive and copy-paste the files manually to their Skyrim game folder.
This might sound sophisticated but it is easy once you know what to do. To install SKSE64 Vortex on your computer, follow the steps given below.
- Download the SKSE64 Vortex zip file from the link provided above.
- Use any archive tool and unzip the files to a folder. (7Zip preferred)
- Open the skse64_2_00_04 folder inside the first folder with the same name.
- Select the .exe and .DLL files and press CTRL + C on your keyboard to copy them to the clipboard.
- Copy the files to your SSE game folder. The game is usually located at C:/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim if you’ve installed Steam in Local Disk Drive C.
Now that you’ve copied the files to your game folder, the installation procedure is half-finished. There are two ways to proceed with the installation, one is a quick way, and another is the smart way. We have mentioned both ways and their pros below.
As the name suggests, this way is quick and easy when compared with the other one. But, this one is usually not preferred for some reason. As SKSE uses customized scripts that are installed in the game, these script files are easier to install and use. All you need to do is copy and paste these files to the Scripts folder.
But, the downside to this method is, when you want to play the game without scripts, or want a clean vanilla game without additional features, you’d have to remove the Scripts folder and validate your game files. This process will be followed every time you need to test the game without mods. This is why it’s not preferred.
If you still want to follow the quick way, stick to the guidelines provided below.
- Head over to the Scripts folder inside SKSE64_2_00_04. Note that it must not be confused with the Data folder in the game directory.
- In the folder, select all the .pex files and copy them by pressing Ctrl + C.
- Paste these files inside the Scripts folder of the game Directory (not SKSE64_2_00_04 folder). The Scripts folder is generally located at X:/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data/scripts.
This was the quick installation for SKSE64 scripts.
Now here comes the smart way. In this method, instead of copying and pasting script files, we will archive the whole folder in ZIP format and install it on our system. Later when you want to disable the script, all you need to do is uncheck the scripts archive.
To proceed with the smarter way, follow the steps given below
- Head over to skse64_2_00_04 > Data.
- You’ll be presented with the scripts folder. Use your preferred archive manager and create an archive of the folder. (Rar, zip, 7z)
- Rename the folder as per your convenience.
- Now, fire up the SKSE64 launcher and install this archive file as external scripts.
The Skyrim Script Extender Vortex is now installed on your computer.
Download Website for SKSE64 Vortex Not Working?
Many users experience some issues while downloading the SKSE64 Vortex on their devices. They reported that the official website for the download archive does not work many times.
💡 Note that this issue is in your system and can be solved with ease. Implement the methods provided below to download the launcher easily.
Use Different Browser
The primary culprit of this issue might be your browser. To solve this problem, you might want to change your browser and use an updated one.
We prefer using Google Chrome or Firefox for the download. Outdated browsers can also be the reason why you’re facing this issue. Consider updating your browser to the latest version.
Clear Browsing Data
Faulty browsing data can also tamper with your browsing experience. To fix this issue, you need to clear all your browsing data on your system. Follow the below-given steps to do the same.
Note that in this guide, we have provided steps to clear browsing data in Google Chrome. It must be kept in mind that the process is the same for all other browsers as well.
- If you are using the Chrome browser, click on the Menu button on the top right of the window.
- Go to the Settings option listed on the menu.
- Go to the Advanced option located at the bottom of the Settings.
- Select Clear browsing data located at the end of the Privacy & Security option.
- Select the option All time as the time range.
- Make sure you have selected Cached images and files & Cookies and other site data before clearing your data.
- Click on the Clear data option.
- This will clear all the cache and cookies from your browser, after which you can download the SKSE64 Vortex without any issues.
If you are still facing any problems, consider implementing the next solution.
If you still are not able to download the SKSE64 package from the official website, the problem might be in your IP address. To fix this issue, you can try browsing the web page using a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
There are several paid and free ones available on the internet that you can use. However, we recommend using a paid one such as Ivacy VPN for ensuring your privacy.
If you can not afford a paid VPN, you can always use a free one like Turbo VPN for PC. Works like a charm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is SKSE64 Vortex?
A: SKSE64 Vortex or Skyrim Script Extender Vortex is a tool that lets game mod developers add custom functionalities to their games.
Q: How to install SKSE64 on my system?
A: You can install Skyrim Script Extender Vortex on your system using the methods we’ve mentioned above.
Q: Is SKSE64 safe to use?
A: Yes. SKSE64 is completely safe and secure.
Q: What if the download page is not working?
A: If the download page is not working, you need to use a VPN, clear browsing data, update your browser, or shift to a different one.
So that was our take on the SKSE64 Vortex. We tried covering everything related to the topics including how to download and install the Skyrim Script Extender Vortex on your system. We also discussed the download SKSE64 not working errors that a lot of users have been facing while browsing. Lastly, we answered some of the most frequently asked questions related to the SKSE64 application.