7 Best Printer for Art Prints
If you are a digital artist, you are bound to need a printer for art prints at some point in your career. The best printer for your art could provide your business with a considerable boost. Being an artist, you will have to print your art from time to time, be it for samples or your online store.
The regular printers might get the job done if you are an amateur or want a photo printer for recreational use, but you will need to purchase a dedicated art printer if you want your art to be more professional.
The market is flooded with so many printers that it gets hectic to compare and pick the best printer for your needs. Thus, we have compiled a list of some of the best printer for art prints, focusing on all types of artists.
Best Printer for Art Prints
1. Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Wireless Professional Color Photo Printer
- With a enhanced 8-color dye-based ink system, you’ll enjoy rich, vibrant professional printing, every time.
- Save space in your home or studio with a COMPACT DESIGN
- Compatible with a wide range of media and sizes, your can print borderless up to 13”x19” or a custom size up to 13” x 39”.
- The built-in 3-inch LCD display lets you check ink levels at-a-glance and perform printer maintenance — for excellent results with ease.
- Print through WI-FI1 or networked ETHERNET connection
- With PANORAMA PRINTING print up to a custom size of 13” x 39”.
The first printer on our list of the best printer for art prints is the PIXMA Pro 200 from the house of Canon. It is a wireless printer that is meant for printing professional-grade colored photographs.
The PIXMA series from Canon is focused on printing high-quality images and digital art, and the Pro 200 is one of the high-end PIXMA printers available in the market.
Designed specifically for professional photo artists, the Pro 200 provides you with excellent print quality. You get rich and deep blacks, while the colors are vibrant. The contrast ratio is well-maintained, and your art looks professional.
The PIXMA Pro 200 uses an advanced eight-color ink system that is dye-based. Thus, the printouts are long-lasting and rich. Also, it is a heavy-duty printer that is compact. Thus, the Pro 200 is ideal for basically any desktop. It has a modern, trendy design that looks pleasing to the eye.
Canon ensures a seamless printing experience on the PIXMA Pro 200. Certain elements contributing to this experience are the 3 inch LCD, easy-to-use interface, and Canon’s Professional Print and Layout software.
The PPL software selects the optimum print settings to get the best possible outcome. You get to print on various sizes, and with the support for PANORAMA printing, you can print up to a size of 13 inches x 39 inches.
Overall, the Canon PIXMA Pro 200 is one of the best printer for art prints. It delivers the best quality possible in its price range and provides flexibility in terms of size and settings.
- It produces the best results among all the printers on this list.
- It is compact yet performs well under a heavy workload.
- It is a flexible printer.
- It is expensive.
- It takes some time to set this printer up for initial use.
2. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer
- Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. Use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s ltd. wnty.
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
- Individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints. Sound pressure level: Pressure: 49 dB(A)
- Ultra compact wide format A3+ printer 30 percent smaller than its predecessor (2); Easily fits on your desktop
- Convenient printing features supports auto 2 sided document printing, with a 200 sheet front tray
The Expression Photo HD XP-15000 is a wireless wide-format printer from Epson. It is focused on printing photographs and digital art prints in various sizes.
The Expression XP-15000 is a heavy-duty photo printer for professional artists and photographers. Designed to print the best images, it uses the six-color Claria Photo HD ink. The specialty of this ink is the additional red and gray ink, because of which, you get an ultra-wide color gamut.
The blacks are deep, and the colors are rich. You get almost real-life images as the output from the XP-15000.
To maintain the print quality, Epson does not allow the usage of generic ink and third-party cartridges. The printer does not work correctly without genuine cartridges from Epson. Installing faulty cartridges might even result in the printer’s malfunction.
If you need a photo printer that can deliver consistent results under a heavy workload, the Expression XP-15000 is an ideal choice for you. It has a fifty-sheet rear tray and a two hundred sheet front tray. Despite being a heavy-duty printer, the XP-15000 is compact and easily fits on any desktop.
You get to print high-quality borderless printouts up to 13 inches x 19 inches. Epson provides the Dash Replenishment support on the XP-15000. The printer intimates the company when you are about to run out of ink, and thus, you do not have to worry about the ink replenishment.
Overall, the Expression XP-15000 is an excellent printer for digital art prints. You get fantastic print quality and flexibility of print size at an amazing price. It is worth every penny you spend.
- It provides excellent value for money.
- It is compatible with Dash Replenishment.
- The printing quality is excellent.
- It does not allow the usage of generic inks.
- Sometimes, it is hard to find the cartridges for this printer.
- Some users have complained that the WiFi connectivity is an issue.
3. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink cartridges; Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles make filling easy and worry-free
- Stress-Free Printing — Up to 2 years of ink in the box (4) – and with every replacement ink set – for fewer out of ink frustrations
- Zero Cartridge Waste – By using an EcoTank printer, you can help reduce the amount of cartridge waste ending up in landfills
- Impressive Print Quality ― Unique Micro Piezo Heat-Free Technology produces sharp text – plus impressive color photos and graphics – on virtually any paper type
- Built-in Scanner & Copier ― High-resolution flatbed scanner and a color display for easy document copying and navigation
Next on the list of the best printer for art prints is the Epson EcoTank ET-2720. It is a wireless printer with the ability to print, copy, and scan.
The EcoTank ET-2720 is a fast, simple, and affordable printer with many features. The best quality is the inclusion of Supertank. Rather than using typical ink cartridges, the EcoTank ET-2720 uses ink tanks. These provide low-cost printing and reduce the stress of often reloading the ink. In addition to this, Epson includes two years of ink in the box.
The print quality of the EcoTank ET-2720 is astonishing. A printer for art prints provides enough detailing and sharpness on the printout while maintaining the contrast.
The printing quality on high-resolution paper is even better. Since it is meant to be a photo printer, it can print stunning, professional-level photographs.
Because of Epson EcoTank technology, printing costs roughly one cent for each black and white page and about twenty cents for every colorful photograph. Also, the ET-2720 has a maximum printing speed of approximately ten pages per minute, which is decent for its price range.
In terms of connectivity, you get many different options. The EcoTank ET-2720 can connect to your Windows or macOS device directly. It is even compatible with Android and Alexa devices. You get support for WiFi 5.0 and Voice-enabled printing.
Overall, the EcoTank ET-2720 is an ideal printer for art prints for beginners and users who need such a printer for recreational purposes. It delivers excellent results for its price, and with the perfect settings, you can get astonishing printouts, doing complete justice to your digital art.
- The cost of printing is significantly reduced because of the supertank technology.
- The quality of the print is above par for its price.
- It is affordable and easy to use.
- The printing speed could have been better at this price.
- The input capacity is disappointing.
- Tech support is not up to the mark.
4. Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer
- Take complete creative control of your images and bring them to life with the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 professional inkjet photo and fine art printer.
- EASE OF USE — ultimate productivity with Nozzle Recovery System and Skew Correction.
- The PRO-300 offers professional image quality, productivity, and outstanding workflow with a smaller footprint, allowing you to consistently deliver theresults your images deserve.
- 9-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system—designed to meet the demands of every photographer, from advanced amateurs to professionals.
- Easily check ink levels, printer status, and other settings with the 3.0” COLOR LCD MONITOR.
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi
Next on the list of the best printer for art prints is the imagePROGRAF Pro 300 from Canon. Being an established brand in the market, Canon is known to deliver excellent printers for various users.
The imagePROGRAF Pro 300 is a wireless, wide-format printer meant to print photographs and images. Not all printers are multipurpose, and so is the case with the Pro 300. It does just one thing, printing. Naturally, if a printer is designed for just one cause, the manufacturer must have focused more on that skill.
Thus, the printing quality of the imagePROGRAF Pro 300 is excellent. You get way better photographs than any all-in-one printer for the same price.
You can take total authority of your art and bring them to life with professionalism. The printer even lets you edit your art and modify the print settings to get the best version of your digital art on paper.
The imagePROGRAF Pro 300 has a nine-color Chroma Optimizer ink system to produce sharp and distinct colors. It is a delight for any photographer and artist, professional or amateur. You get real-life images along with a seamless printing experience. Being a wide-format printer, you get more flexibility in print size.
Also, the Pro 300 is compatible with a variety of print media like glossy photo paper, cardstock, and plain paper. In terms of connectivity, you get support for various cloud services. The wireless connectivity works with great accuracy, and the three-inch color LCD enhances your printing experience greatly.
Overall, the imagePROGRAF Pro 300 is one of the best printer for digital art prints for professional artists and photographers.
- The print quality is astonishing.
- The speed of printing is decent.
- It supports printing on different materials.
- It is strictly meant for professionals.
- It is expensive.
- It is not an all-in-one printer and can only print.
5. Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson wnty.
- Epson EcoTank is the Selling Supertank Printer
- Less waste with Cartridge-Free Printing — one set of replacement bottles equivalent to about 80 individual cartridges (4); means fewer trips to the store
- Get more done in less time — 250-sheet paper tray; easy setup and navigation with 2.4 color touchscreen
- Maximize productivity — 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, fax and auto 2-sided printing, scanning, copying; plus, borderless printing
Next, we have the EcoTank ET-4760 printer. It is a fast, reliable, and easy-to-use all-in-one printer that can fax, scan, print, and copy. The ET-4760 is manufactured by Epson, an established name in the printer market.
The EcoTank ET-4760 is a small and lightweight printer. Just like many other modern printers. This also works on ink tank technology.
The Epson Supertank is a cartridge-free large capacity tank that means you may print on this printer without worrying about frequent ink replacement. Also, owing to Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles, replenishing these ink tanks is a breeze.
While purchasing a printer for art prints, you need to think ten times about the printer’s quality and the cost of printing. Printing expenses are considerably low on the ET-4760 because a single color page costs less than one cent on paper.
The printing quality of the EcoTank ET-4760 is astonishing. This printer produces exceptional print quality on high-quality paper. The detailing is crisp and rich, even on standard printing paper. As a printer for art prints, the results are satisfying.
The tray size is also essential, with each tray holding around 250 pages. The maximum printing size is 8.5 x 14 inches. However, it may print any size that the user specifies. The ET-4760 can produce consistent results under a heavy workload. Also, it offers a high printing speed of about fifteen sheets per minute.
Overall, the Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is one of the best printer for art prints because of its price, flexibility, quality, and cost of printing.
- The cost of printing is meager.
- The results produced are excellent.
- It provides flexibility in terms of size to an artist.
- The machine performs poorly for fax.
- The display is just too small.
6. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
- With features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, auto power On/Off, a built in ADF, and Wi-Fi its easy to see why Pixma printers are so simple to use
- Connectivity technology: USB. Printer technology: Inkjet. Mobile Operating Systems- iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile, and Fire OS (Amazon Fire) devices
- Save 10 percentage on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment; Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; No subscription fees; Cancel anytime
The penultimate printer on this list is the Canon PIXMA TR4520. It is one of the most popular printers from Canon’s PIXMA series. Being an all-in-one printer, it has multiple capabilities like printing, scanning, copying, and fax.
The TR4520 is yet another tiny and lightweight printer that can print on various types of print media. Meant specifically for printing photos, the print quality is good when printing on simple paper, while it improves manifolds when printing on a higher grade paper.
The PIXMA TR4520 has a maximum print size of 8.5″ x 14″, which is ideal for artists. It falls short in print speed, with a peak print speed of only nine pages per minute. Furthermore, it cannot produce consistent outcomes when subjected to a high workload. Thus, the PIXMA TR4520 is suitable for beginners, while it may not be an ideal printer for professional artists.
In terms of connectivity, the TR4520’s limited options perform admirably. It is compatible with all primary cloud services. It is directly compatible with Windows and macOS, and to print from your smartphone, you must link it to the Canon Print Application. The TR4520 is compatible with all Amazon Fire devices and features WiFi 5.0 support.
Overall, the PIXMA TR4520 is one of the best printer for art prints if you are a beginner and need an affordable photo printer. It provides excellent value for money.
- It provides excellent value for money.
- It is compact and user-friendly.
- It is compatible with various print media.
- The printing speed is relatively low.
- The build quality could have been better.
- It is not ideal for professional artists.
7. HP ENVY Photo 7855 Wireless Printing
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three dollars per month; Original HP ink delivered before you run out; plus great savings on ink (optional)
- Print directly from SD card OR USB – Insert your SD card or USB to view, edit, and print directly from the color touchscreen using dedicated paper trays that automatically adjust to match print settings and paper type
- Wide range of paper size support – Supports letter, legal, 4x5 in, 4x6 in, 5x7 in, 8x10 in, No 10 envelopes
- One-year limited hardware warranty – 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; this HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One replaces the HP ENVY 7640 All-in-One
The last printer on this list of the best printer for art prints is the HP ENVY 7855 photo printer. It is an all-in-one wireless printer that is meant for photo printing.
The ENVY 7855 is a compact printer that can print on various print media like standard paper, glossy photo paper, and envelopes. The most essential feature of an art printer is its print quality.
The print quality of the ENVY 7855 is superior to that of most other printers in this price range. Photos produced on high-quality paper are even comparable to professionally printed images. The blacks are rich and deep, while there is no smudging of colors.
The ENVY 7855 has a maximum black-and-white print speed of roughly 15 pages per minute, which is adequate for an art printer in this price range. You also get a 35-sheet automatic document feeder and direct scan to email capabilities with the 7855.
The most notable feature of the 7855 is its low printing cost. The cost of photo printing on this printer is reduced to roughly 5 cents per page with the HP Instant Ink subscription. It is a cheap ink solution provided by HP that delivers excellent results while lowering your printing cost.
In terms of connectivity, you get a plethora of options. You can wirelessly connect it to any Windows, macOS, or Linux device. The ENVY 7855 also allows you to print directly from any social media application on your mobile phone. HP has also included a memory card slot in the printer.
Overall, it is one of the best printer for art prints in its price range. It provides excellent results along with not-so-high printing costs.
- It is affordable and easy to use.
- The printing quality is excellent.
- The speed of printing is considerably high for its price.
- Some users have complained about the build quality of the printer.
- It is not meant for working under a heavy workload.
- It is a noisy printer.
Things to consider while buying a printer for art prints
If you are an artist looking for a printer for art prints to bring your work to life, you need to have a printer that can deliver excellent print quality.
No matter how good your art is, if your printer can not do justice in terms of color production, your art is not getting its due.
Depending upon the purpose of the printer for art prints, you have to decide on an optimum budget. If you are a professional artist or a photographer, you need an expensive printer that delivers excellent quality.
You might even compromise on other features like multipurpose use and print speed. If you are someone who needs a photo printer for recreational purposes, or if you are an amateur, you might want to purchase a printer that delivers decent quality and even provides some other additional features like copying, fax, and scanning.
If you are an artist, you will need a printer compatible with various print media. You would want support for at least glossy photo paper. You would wish to support cardstock, vinyl, and envelopes on more expensive models.
Thus, you must know what material you will use to print, and based on that; you should decide the best printer for art prints.
In my opinion, the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro 300 is the best printer for art prints. You get an excellent printer that can blow your mind with the quality of printouts it can deliver. With its nine-color Chroma Optimizer ink system, you get the finest and sharpest prints with excellent color accuracy.
Other features of the Pro 300 are also excellent. Sadly, you do not get an all-in-one printer even at this price, which might be a deal-breaker for some people.
Quality is what matters the most for professional artists, and the Pro 300 delivers consistently. Also, you get wide-format capabilities, which make your printer flexible to multiple print sizes.
Overall, the imagePROGRAF Pro 300 is the best printer for art prints for professionals. Despite being expensive, it is worth every penny you spend.