7 Best Printers for Stickers Printing
Are you an artist planning to buy a new printer? Do you also like going over the board extra with your study notes? Whether you are a Crafter, a school, or a college student, a printer is one device you must have.
But especially when you like to print your own stickers, finding an affordable and reliable printer is not easy. Since the market has a lot of different types of printers, making the right choice becomes confusing.
Similarly, today, there are special printers for every other need. Examples are printers for waterslide decals, tattoo stencil printers, 3D printers, etc. So, buying the best printer for stickers is definitely not an easy task.
Although you can indeed print stickers using any normal inkjet or laser printer, the quality of the stickers may not be the same in every case. Hence, to produce high-quality stickers that are not only long-lasting but also attractive in appearance, you need the best printer for printable vinyl.
So, to help you make the best choice, we have shortlisted 7 of the best printers for making stickers to buy in 2022. This article also contains a brief buyer’s guide mentioning all the factors you must consider before buying a printer for stickers.
How to buy the best printer for stickers: Top 7 Recommendations
1. Canon Pixma MG3620
- Mobile device printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet
- Quick and easy wireless setup
- Powerful printing options: Airprint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and space-saving design
- Print on both sides of the page with auto 2-sided print
- Form factor: Print, copy, scan
- Max print speed color: 16
- Max print speed black white: 9.9
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi
The first and the most affordable product on our list of best printers for stickers in 2022 is the Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer.
It comes in three different colors: Red, White, and Black and it is suitable for all kinds of home and office needs.
The all-in-One color printer is a Wireless device that easily connects to all your smart gadgets. These include a tablet, an Android mobile, and iPhone A laptop or desktop, as well as the Apple Mac And iPad.
At the same time, it also supports automatic double-sided black and white and colored printing. The maximum black and white printing speed is 9.9, whereas the maximum color printing speed is 16. So, you can easily print, copy and scan all your files and documents at a fast speed.
Finally, if there’s one major reason to buy the Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer, then it is its price. Coming under the range of $100, it is undoubtedly the most budget-friendly best printer for printable vinyl, especially for students.
- Ideal for students
- Highly affordable
- Excellent print quality
- It makes a loud noise while printing
2. Epson EcoTank ET-4760
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink
- Stress-Free Printing
- Zero Cartridge Waste
- Impressive Print Quality
Suppose you are a professional artist who needs to print bulks of high-quality stickers every day. In that case, the Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is the ultimate best printer for making stickers of all kinds with the utmost convenience.
However, the printer is quite more expensive than most other printers on this list. Nevertheless, you get more than what you pay for.
So, let’s have a quick glance at all the qualities that make it a special product.
To begin with, it is an inkjet printer having 3 connectivity options. Thus, you can either use it as a wireless device or simply connect it via USB cable to your Desktop or Laptop. Plus, you can even use it with the ethernet.
Next, you can print in more than 7 sizes of paper using this printer. Some commonly used examples are A4, A3+, 3.5 inches x 5 inches, and half letter. This property makes it easy to print stickers and labels of all types and for all needs.
Lastly, the Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Printer has the feature of voice-activated printing that allows you to work hands-free. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, it supports automatic Duplex printing too!
Well, I guess that’s enough to look for in the best printer for stickers in 2022.
- Excellent Print Quality
- Easy to use
- Ideal for sublimation crafts
- Ink Efficient
- Small display screen
- Slow printing
3. HP LaserJet Pro M29w Wireless Printer
- WORLD’S SMALLEST LASER PRINTER IN ITS CLASS – The HP LaserJet Pro M29w all in 1 laser printer, copier, and scanner is 30% smaller than its predecessor and produces professional quality results
- Fast print speeds – prints up to 19 pages per minute, with the first page out in as few as 7; 9 seconds
- Mobile printing – The HP Smart app allows you to easily scan from your smartphone or tablet, order toner, and Print from the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Reliability wireless connectivity – built in wireless capabilities let you easily access, Print, and share resources on a network; for those with no Wi Fi connection, connect directly to the printer using Wi Fi Direct
- Scan files directly to PDF and email with preloaded business apps
- Print speeds up to 19 ppm; black only
- Auto On/auto off Technology
- One year limited hardware – 24 hour, 7 days a week FREE HP web support
As a matter of fact, laser printers produce more durable and higher quality stickers and labels than inkjet printers. That’s why HP LaserJet Pro M29w Wireless Printer is the best printer for printable vinyl intended for recreational use at home and school.
It is an energy star-rated printer with the reliability of HP. Moreover, the auto-turn on and turn off the feature, together with a highly modern and stylish LCD control panel, make it easy to use by anyone.
Additional features to look forward to are: WiFi and USB connectivity and a free set of pre-installed cartridges.
The only major drawback is that it doesn’t support colored printing. So, if that’s what you’re looking for, then we would suggest buying any of the other two options mentioned above. Nonetheless, it is still a great choice for the best printer for labels.
Especially if you’re a small business owner looking for an affordable billing label printing device, then we highly recommend the HP LaserJet Pro M29w Wireless Printer.
- Energy Star Certified Product
- It comes with pre-installed cartridges
- Compact design
- Ideal for home use
- It cannot print colorful stickers
- It does not offer Auto-Duplex Printing
4. HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet
- Easy portable printing wherever you need it
- Reduce charging interruptions with a long-lasting battery
- Use Original HP 62 ink & HP 62XL cartridges for great results print after print. Original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- Stay productive with a large and easy-to-use control panel
- Paper sizes supported: Letter, legal, statement, executive, envelopes (No. 10, Monarch, 6 3/4 in), cards (3x5 in, 4x6 in, 5x8 in), photo (8x10 in, 5x7 in, 4x6 in, 3.5x5 in)
- One-year limited hardware warranty backed by HP Customer Care, service and support; one-year technical phone support
One good thing about HP is that most of its products are energy-star rated. This means that when you are using them, you are not destroying the environment in any way. HP also has a wide range of inkjet and laser printers ideal for printing stickers.
Therefore, the next product that qualifies for the best printer for stickers is OfficeJet 200, a portable inkjet printer by HP.
Apart from being a wireless printer with a compact and portable design, it also supports a large variety of paper sizes that you can print on.
However, its most prominent feature is a long-lasting battery with fast charging. Just turn off the printer and plug in an AC power supply. Within 90 minutes, the printer gets fully charged and ready to use without power.
Fast charging is one feature that is not normally found in most printers. So, for people who like to carry their printer with them for personal and professional uses, the HP OfficeJet 200 is a must-have product.
- Fast Charging Battery
- Compatible with iPhone and Kindle
- Energy Star Certified
- Easy to set up
- No USB connectivity
- No Automatic Document Feeder
5. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink cartridges; Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles make filling easy and worry-free
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges (1) – that’s enough to print up to 4,500 pages black/7,500 color (2), equivalent to about 90 individual ink cartridges (3)
- Stress-Free Printing — Up to 2 years of ink in the box (4) – and with every replacement ink set – for fewer out of ink frustrations
- Zero Cartridge Waste – By using an EcoTank printer, you can help reduce the amount of cartridge waste ending up in landfills
- Impressive Print Quality ― Unique Micro Piezo Heat-Free Technology produces sharp text – plus impressive color photos and graphics – on virtually any paper type
- Built-in Scanner & Copier ― High-resolution flatbed scanner and a color display for easy document copying and navigation
EcoTank ET-2720 is another SuperTank printer similar to the variant Epson EcoTank ET-4760 given above. Belonging to the Epson EcoTank ET series, this printer has fewer but still more beneficial features than ET-4760.
It has just enough features that you need in the best printer for stickers, from various connectivity options to user-definable printing paper sizes.
To begin with, the printer runs on Inkjet printing technology and can easily connect to the ethernet, the WiFi, and via USB. Hence, it is suitable for both home and office uses. Just connect it to a smartphone you’re good to go.
Further, the easy-to-fill EcoFit bottles make ink refilling an effortless task. Also, it minimizes cartridge wastage, helping you print while causing no harm to the environment. So, you can print, scan and copy all that you want.
To end with, just like the Epson EcoTank ET-4760, it also facilitates voice-activated printing. Hence, providing you with an overall great color printing experience.
- Excellent Print Quality
- Environment Friendly
- Easy to use
- Voice-Activated Printing
- No Automatic Duplex Printing
- Small Paper Tray
6. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e
- 6 FREE MONTHS OF INSTANT INK with HP+
- KEY FEATURES – Fast color print, copy, scan and fax, plus 2-sided printing, mobile and wireless printing, and an auto document feeder
- FAST PRINT SPEEDS – Print up to 20 pages per minute in black and 10 pages per minute in color
- DUAL BAND WI-FI – Self-healing Wi-FiTM automatically detects and resolves connection issues
- HP SMART APP – Print, scan and copy from your phone—from anywhere. Get advanced features for 24 months with HP+.
Another great option for buying the best printer for stickers is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e Wireless Color Printer. It is an inkjet printer and comes with 6 months of free ink along with instant ink.
The printer can print 20 pages under 60 seconds in black, whereas 10 color pages per minute. This gives you super-fast and high-quality printed stickers and labels within no time. Hence, making it a perfect fit for small businesses, home, and office use.
Automatic Duplex printing and special HP password protection for security are two of the printer’s most exclusive and must-have features. Plus, it even has an automatic document feeder to save time.
In short, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e is one of the best printers to buy in 2022 for sticker and label printing easily at home.
- Super Easy to set up
- Compatible with iPhone, MacBook, and iPad
- Large Paper Tray
- Ideal for home and office use
- It can’t connect easily to the WiFi
- Company charges an extra amount for instant ink cancellation
7. Brother Monochrome MFCL2710DW Multifunction Printer
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock, envelopes, etc. To help you create Professional looking documents
- Engineered to deliver productivity. Up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder helps save time with multi-page copy, scan & fax
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wireless from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet
- Brother is the #1 Retail Brand in laser printer unit sales in the U.S.**Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, SF and MF Laser Printers, Based on units, Jan. 2018 – Sept. 2021 combined.
The last one on our list of best printers for stickers is the brother monochrome MFCL2710DW Laser printer with Wireless networking.
If you are a small business owner looking for the best printer for labels, this one by brother is undoubtedly one of the best options.
Coming to the features, the printer runs on Laser technology and carries out fast-speed printing at a rate of 32 pages per minute. Well, if you need to print only a few labels in a day, then this much is more than enough.
Moreover, the printer supports automatic duplex printing and is compatible with all smartphones, Personal computers, and laptops. So, you can easily print, copy, scan, and fax by simply connecting it to WiFi.
Not to mention, it also comes with a 50 paper sheet tray that carries out automatic document feeding. Thus, allowing you to print out professional-looking documents such as envelopes, letters, etc. Continuously without interruption.
- Excellent print quality
- Fast speed printing
- Automatic document feeder
- No color printing
- No USB port
Things to Consider before buying the best printer for making stickers in 2022
Vinyl is the best material for printing stickers. The main reasons are its durability, flexibility, and strength to stay adhesive to any surface. That is why it is important to choose the best printer for printable vinyl when looking for a good printer, especially if you are a professional artist or crafter.
But how to know that which is the best printer for vinyl stickers?
Likewise, with the wide variety of options now available in the printing market, choosing the best choice under your budget is definitely not an easy job. There are factors like resolution, print quality, speed, cost, and versatility that you must consider before buying the best printer for sticker printing.
At the same time, it does not matter whether you are buying a sticker printer for the first time or just upgrading your old printer to a new one. When it comes to spending money, proper research only helps you buy the best product at the best price.
Therefore, check out the following 4 most important factors and things you must consider before buying the best printer for printable vinyl in 2022.
Durability of Stickers
Durability is the most important thing about stickers. Accordingly, the stickers with higher durability naturally resist more external damage. Especially if you are printing billing labels for your business, you must ensure that the labels do not get damaged before reaching your customer.
Inkjet printers that contain water-based ink are therefore not recommended for professional use.
Hence, the best printer for vinyl stickers is a laser printer. The main reason behind this is the fact that they produce high-quality stickers that can withstand the test of time and other damaging agents.
But when compared to inkjet printers, laser printers are much more expensive and are generally recommended for professional use.
So, unless you are a professional artist or crafter, you should never spend a large sum of money on buying a printer for stickers.
The print quality of a printer is determined by its resolution ( measured in pixels). The best printer for sticker printing has a high resolution and remarkable print quality.
To print the highest quality black and white stickers, consider a printer that has at least a dots per inch resolution of 600 X 600.
For colorful stickers, a resolution of 1200 X 1200 dots per inch is a must.
You can buy different printers for different print qualities at different price ranges. What matters the most is where and how you will be using the sticker.
If it is for normal home use, then basic stickers work fine. But if it is for professional and business use, choose printers with higher print quality for best results.
Nowadays, people hardly use a traditional cable printer. This is because they need to be set up in one particular place, and you cannot just move them around whenever you want.
That is why the best printer for printable vinyl contains different connectivity options to provide you with the most flexibility. Of course, wireless printers are the best. But a printer that is only wireless and cannot be connected via any other source? Now that is a tough question.
So, unless your needs and budget are extremely low, you should always buy a printer that can be connected in both ways: Through WiFi and via the USB cable. Bluetooth and ethernet at the same time are not highly needed but are a bonus to the two basic options.
Therefore, you must always check all the printer’s connectivity options before buying it.
The number of papers that a printer can print within one minute is its printing speed. The higher the printing speed, the higher the number of papers you can print.
If you will use the printer for professional and business uses, consider a printing speed higher than 20 pages per minute. You don’t want to spend 4 hours printing a set of hundred papers, right? It also helps you save a lot of time and frustration from waiting for the prints to come out.
However, there are printers with a lesser speed for normal home and personal use. They are also less expensive and more compact to serve all your domestic needs.
Choose the best printer for making stickers accordingly.
Sticker printing sounds really complicated and difficult. But trust me, if you have the correct device, it becomes as easy as playing children’s games.
The only thing is, you must know all the details about the type of printer that you are choosing for printing stickers. Following this, you also must consider the most important factors given above before buying a sticker printer.
Our list of top 7 printers for sticker printing contains 7 of the most popular and budget-friendly items ideal for home, office, and business use.
Yet, Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is the product we recommend as the best printer for printable vinyl out of all 7. All of its features and specifications are outstanding, making it perfect for both professional and personal uses.
Not to mention, it is an easy-to-use environment-friendly product supporting a large variety of papers and connectivity options. Hence, providing you an overall great color printing experience at a fast speed.
Q1. Is Inkjet or Laser better for stickers?
Laser printer produces higher quality stickers, and that is why it is the best for printing stickers.
Q2. Can you make stickers with an inkjet printer?
Yes, you can definitely make stickers with an inkjet printer. Just make sure that you use the right type of paper with it. Never use laser printing paper with an inkjet printer.