In this article, we will discuss the most well known Battle Royale game known as Fortnite. We will also provide information about Fortnite on Steam and will give a step by step guide on How to Download Fortnite on Steam.
What is Fortnite?
One of the most successful games of 2018, Fortnite grossed a whopping 2.4 billion dollars in the year 2018 and stood at the first position of the highest-grossing games of 2018.
Fortnite doesn’t need any introduction, but if you have heard about this game from your friends or classmates and curious to know more about it, continue reading the article. In this article, we will be throwing lights on the Fortnite Gameplay, best Fortnite streamers on twitch and youtube, Fortnite on steam.
Fortnite is an online multiplayer game developed by Epic Games. There are three modes in the game
- Fortnite: Save the world
- Fortnite: Battle Royale
- Fortnite: Creative
Fortnite is an online video game developed by Epic Games and released in 2017. It is available in three distinct game mode versions that otherwise share the same general gameplay and game engine: Fortnite: Save the World, a cooperative shooter-survival game for up to four players to fight off zombie-like creatures and defend objects with fortifications they can build.
In the Fortnite Battle Royale mode, the players play a battle royale game where up to 100 players fight to be the last person standing, and Fortnite Creative, where players are given complete freedom to create worlds and battle arenas.
The first two game modes were released in 2017 as early access titles and Creative was released on December 6, 2018. Save the World is available only for Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, while Battle Royale has been released for those platforms and additionally for Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android devices.
Playing either Fortnite game requires an Epic Games account on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch. Playing on PS4 or Xbox does not need an Epic Games account, as players are identified by their PSN or Xbox Live username instead.
While the first two games have been successful for Epic Games, Fortnite Battle Royale became a resounding success, drawing in more than 125 million players in less than a year and earning hundreds of millions of dollars per month, and since has become a cultural phenomenon.
Fortnite On Steam
Steam is one of the most popular digital gaming stores out on the Internet. It has a massive collection of games and includes both free and paid games. It has impressive customer support and provides games with Digital Rights Management (DRM). The user interface is neat and is decent to its users.
Many users often compare GOG and Steam. For them, we have shared a complete GOG vs Steam Analysis here.
However, Steam has a poor refund policy. Another downside of using Steam is that classic old games are not available to download.
Unfortunately, Fortnite on Steam is not available right now as Epic Games own all the rights for the game. The game can be downloaded for free and can be played on a system using the Epic Games Downloader application. We keep you updated if the owners publish Fortnite on Steam you can instead download games like Rainbow Six Siege on steam and enjoy its somewhat similar gameplay in terms of shooting and aiming, and also enjoy its rainbow six siege boosting features.
How To Download Fortnite
Everyone can download and play Fortnite on their computer system as it is available for free to all. It is possible to download Fortnite on the official Epic Games app store for free. We have provided a step by step guide on how to download Fortnite on PC for free.
All you need to do is register for an Epic Games account, and you will be prompted to download the app installer. Refer to the below guide to download and install Fortnite on your PC for free.
- Fire up your browser and head over to the official Epic Games Website.
- Click on the Sign In option shown on the top right corner.
- If you already have an account, you can log in. If you don’t, register for an Epic Games Account. It is completely free and secure to use. You can also use your Facebook, Google, or Microsoft account to register.
- Tap on the Get Fortnite option to start the Epic Games installer download process.
- After the download completes, open the Epic Games installer and install it on your PC.
- When the installation finishes, open the app and let the package download the needed preferences and data.
- You will be redirected to a store window after the data download completes.
- Go to the Games section in the application and click on Fortnite.
- Click on Download and Install. The download process will start at the spot.
- The download process will take some time, depending on your bandwidth connection speed.
- After the download finishes, the app will automatically start the installing of the game.
- You can play Fortnite using the Play option in the Epic Games Application.
This was our post related to Fortnite on Steam. We need to keep in mind that Epic Games have not published Fortnite On Steam currently. However, we will try to update you through this post if they publish Fortnite on Steam. We also provided a step by step guide on how to download Fortnite on your PC for free.
Feel free to comment on any issues regarding Fortnite on Steam and do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter.