The last few years saw one of the greatest advancements in the gaming industry. With new AAA titles coming out every year and their parent companies like Ubisoft and Activision competing with each other to bring games with the best experience in the market, modern-day gaming graphics have reached a level no one could even think of in the past decade. Especially the genre of first-person shooter (FPS) games and open-world games have developed to a huge extent.
To handle those advanced graphics, newer generations of graphics cards (GPUs) like Nvidia’s RTX 30 series or pocket-friendly GTX variants and AMD’s Ryzen graphics and consoles like PlayStation 5 and X Box Series X have launched into the market. Modern-day games and hardware combined have taken gaming to a different level.
But just stacking up your CPU with gaming equipment is not enough. To feel and get completely immersed in the game, visuals are necessary. That is why there is a constant need for gaming monitors with higher refresh rate among gamers to get smooth gameplay and avoid screen tear and stutter during rapid movements. And to get everything in their budget, they are looking for cheap 120Hz monitors.
So, we present to you 8 cheapest 120Hz monitors of 2021
8 Best Cheap 120hz Monitor for Gaming
1. Alienware AW3420DW NEW Curved 34 Inch WQHD 3440 X 1440 120Hz Monitor
- Experience breathtaking views with a combination of immersive features
- A 1900R curved, wide 21: 9 display maximizes the field of view and provides an even, consistent...
- With a WQHD (3440x1440) resolution, the image is sharp and detailed delivering an immersive...
- A 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC provides buttery smooth gameplay and realism
- G-sync technology synchronizes the GPU and monitor, displaying full frames only when the monitor is...
Another impressive addition to our list of cheap 120Hz monitors with 1440p resolution is provided by Alienware. Equipped with NVIDIA G-Sync, this 32-inch wide monitor gives you the immersion that you desire while gaming.
- Curved 21:9 display maximizing the field of view
- Great build quality
- Very low input lag
- AlienFX lighting allows gamers to customize the monitor lighting.
- No HDR support
2. SAMSUNG LC49RG90SSNXZA 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor, Black
- 49 inch super ultrawide dual QHD curved gaming monitor is the equivalent of dual 27-inch QHD...
- 120 hertz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync 2 technology for crisp HDR content display, reduced input...
- CES 2019 best of innovation Award Winner
- HDR 1000 supports a peak brightness rating of 1,000 nits. With Samsung QLED technology delivering...
- Super ultra-wide 49 inch monitor provides the enhanced productivity thru split screen functions like...
If you want a cheap 120Hz monitor, you can consider checking out this ultra-wide monitor by Samsung. With a resolution of 5120x1440p, this 49-inch monitor gives you the performance of two 27-inch monitors and lets you experience the game environment in superfine detail.
- Equipped with AMD FreeSync 2 technology, this monitor gives you a crisp HDR display.
- Low latency and low framerate compensation
- Inbuilt eye saver mode to reduce blue light emission and prevent fatigue due to long hours of usage
- Compatible for Xbox and PS4
- Optimised for multiple game genre and multitasking
- Customer support is not good
- Curve present only in the middle section of the monitor
3. ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43-inch
- 43-inch 32: 10 (3840 x 1200) super ultra-wide HDR gaming monitor with 120Hz refresh rate for...
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with DCI-P3 90% professional color gamut delivers contrast and...
- 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR technology provides buttery-smooth...
- Multiple HDR modes allows users to adjust settings based on usage such as gaming, content creation...
- Shadow Boost enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright...
A great addition to this list of cheap 120 Hz monitor is by ASUS. This 43-inch monitor has an aspect ratio of 32:10 and has extremely low latency at a pocket-friendly price.
- 3840x1200p ultra-side screen for smooth gaming visuals
- Equipped with Shadow Boost that enhances image details in dark areas keeping the exposure of other areas the same.
- Multiple HDR modes to adjust performance based on the task going on currently
- In-built crosshair, timer, FPS counter overlay
- Adjustable stand
- Not well optimized for any games other than simulator or single-player games.
4. Alienware 1900R 34.1″ Curved Gaming Monitor LED-Lit
- The 34 inches curved monitor with 21: 9 ratio and 1900 radius maximizes your field of view. The new...
- Fast 120 hertz refresh rate (overclocked) combined with 4 millisecond response time delivers buttery...
- This breakthrough display technology eliminates screen tearing and minimizes display stutter and...
- Designed for the enthusiast, the AW3418DW delivers a futuristic style and precise form with solid...
- Customizable AlienFX (with 4 different lighting zones) provides a personalized, dynamic look to make...
One of the most popular cheap 120 Hz monitors is provided by Alienware. With a 34-inch curved display and ultra-wide 1440p resolution, this monitor maximizes your field of view. This monitor produces high-quality images or results that most of the cheapest 120Hz monitors cannot give.
- With a 120Hz display and a response time of only 4ms, this screen gives you the smooth gameplay that you desire.
- This monitor is also equipped with Nvidia G-Sync which will prevent screen tears from giving a competitive edge in gaming.
- With a pixel pitch of 0.2325 millimeters, this monitor has customizable AlienFX with multiple lighting zones to suit your style and provide deeper immersion.
- Moderate blacklight bleeding resulting in uneven lighting.
- Reported the presence of few dead pixels.
5. Samsung CJ89 43″ Curved UltraWide 3840 X 1200 Resolution 120Hz Monitor
- At 43" diagonal screen size and 32:10 aspect ratio, the CJ89 is equvilent to 24" monitors put...
- Picture-by-Picture lets you display input from two PCs simultaneously for effortless collaboration...
- The rapid 120 Hz screen refresh rate provides flawlessly smooth scenes and can be adjustable to 60...
- : When two devices are connected to the CJ89, its built-in KVM switch lets you control them both...
- USB Type-C transmits data, video and audio, and power all over a single cable. Connect a smartphone,...
We add to our list of cheapest 120Hz monitors another 43-inch ultra-wide by Samsung. With an aspect ratio of 32:10, this monitor is equivalent to two 24-inch monitors side by side, making it very good for multitasking. This monitor can provide continuous smooth scenes and can also be adjusted to work at 60Hz to optimize for performance.
- Multiple connection ports like USB Type-C
- Efficient multitasking feature allowing to control of two devices using one mouse and keyboard
- Good color accuracy
- Eye saver mode for reduced blue light emissions.
- Single HDMI socket
- No HDR support
6. AOC AGON Curved Gaming Monitor 35″
- 49" class AGON Professional grade curved gaming monitor with Dual QHD 5120x1440 resolution (It is...
- Immersive 1800R curved VA panel with 1ms (MPRT) response time and 120Hz refresh rate (via DP 1. 4)...
- Stunning imagery with DisplayHDR 400 certified performance and 121. 6% sRGB and 90% Adobe RGB color...
- Mobile device-ready with USB-C input for convenient docking (DP alt mode for display signal) and...
- Multiple device input capable with KVM-switch built-in and Picture-by-Picture support that allows...
This 35-inch screen is surely a great way to experience the amazing graphics the developers have created for us. This is one of the cheapest 120 Hz monitors with a large display at a pocket-friendly price. With a response time of only 4ms, this monitor equipped with NVIDIA G-Sync can prevent any sort of screen tear.
You get a lot of options in adjusting this monitor so that you can play for long hours without feeling uncomfortable. This monitor can show every single graphic detail without making any adjustment of its own, thus giving you the true experience the game has to offer.
- 300nits of brightness
- VA Panel support
- 2500 to 1 contrast ratio
- Great build quality
- HDR not up to the mark
- Buttons require some force to be pressed
- Single-button for monitor control navigation
7. Sceptre IPS 27″ LED Gaming Monitor G-to-G 1ms
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently...
- AMD FreeSync Premium: By accelerating the frame rate to at least 120Hz at 1080P FHD resolution and...
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous...
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or...
- Multiple Ports: The DisplayPort & HDMI 3 deliver up to a stellar 144Hz refresh rate, providing...
This affordable and LED gaming monitor is manufactured by Sceptre, which can provide up to 144hz. The AMD Freesync premium technology lets you accelerate the frame rates to up to 120hz at 1080P resolution.
Sceptre IPS 27″ LED Gaming Monitor is the cheapest 120hz monitor in this list, but does not have a USB port. It only comes with 2 HDMI ports, 1 display port and one audio port.
You can either mount it on a wall or place it on your gaming table using a stand
- Response time of only 1ms
- Completely portable
- Comes with AMD Freesync premium technology
- Bad placement of input ports for which wiring becomes cumbersome
- Has limited number of ports
8. MSI Optix MPG341CQRV 34 inch Ultrawide 120hz
- ULTRAWIDE CURVE — Immersive 34-inch 1800R curved MSI gaming monitor with UWQHD (3440 x 1440p)...
- FAST & SMOOTH VISUALS — 120hz refresh rate and 1ms response time VA LED panel create smooth...
- FREESYNC TECHNOLOGY — Adaptive FreeSync technology matches the refresh rate of your PC GPU to...
- CUSTOM UX & RGB — MSI Gaming OSD provides in-game assistance and on-screen customization while MSI...
- NIGHT VISION — See more details in darker locations like caves and dark rooms in your games with...
An addition to our list of cheapest 120Hz monitors with one of the best external features to make your room more attractive and give that gamer RGB lighting feel and is adjustable. With an ultra-wide 34-inch 1440p display, this monitor gives you a beautiful mix of internal and external features. With zero lagging issues and display problems thanks to its very low latency, this monitor is one of the best deals when it comes to cheap 120Hz gaming monitors.
- FreeSync technology to match the refresh rate of PC GPU to prevent any kind of stutter or screen tear.
- In-built night vision feature to enhance the lighting in the darker areas.
- Built-in webcam with facial recognition
- Overall HDR and movie quality not satisfactory
- Built-in webcam is not good and is only good for facial recognition
What are 120 Hz monitors?
Standard monitors have a refresh rate of 60 frames per second (in short, FPS) or 60Hz. Even if your gaming setup allows you to play the game in FPS greater than 60, you cannot get more than 60 because of the refresh rate limitations of the monitor. A 120 Hz monitor has twice the refresh rate of a standard monitor and can give you the smooth gameplay you desire.
Why do you need 120 Hz monitors?
In a monitor with a greater refresh rate, you will get to play the game in higher FPS, and that difference can be an integral part of winning first-person shooter and battle royale games. If your gaming setup is powerful enough to deliver you a game in more than 60 FPS, but your monitor does not have more than a 60Hz refresh rate, then that can cause several issues.
Firstly, you will not get the entire experience for which you bought your gaming setup. Secondly, you may face compatibility issues that can cause frame drops during rapid or sudden movements.
Upgrading to a 120Hz monitor is an investment with extremely great value for gamers. You will notice significant benefits with good resolution. If you choose to go for an ultra-wide variant, then you will be able to do something else even while gaming if your setup has the necessary processing power.