Firestick Home Is Currently Unavailable – 5 Ways to Fix
Amazon is now a common household name throughout the globe from delivery to streaming services, it seems to have it all. And while Amazon does have a stellar reputation for being able to deliver efficient and high-quality products, they are not always perfect. Once in a while, you may find yourself in a situation where your Amazon products seem to be facing a software glitch.
With the Amazon Fire Stick, a streaming device that allows you to view videos, install games and listen to music on your television, the most common complaint is that it keeps getting stuck on ‘home is currently unavailable and does not let you stream content. If this is an issue that has been troubling you and you are looking for a solution, look no further. This article is just for you.
In this article, we will discuss the various reasons that could cause the Firestick Home Is Currently Unavailable problem on Amazon Fire Stick and the various troubleshooting steps you can take to fix it.
How to fix home is currently unavailable on Amazon Fire Stick
If the home currently unavailable message is displayed on your television, follow the methods given below to get it back to its normal condition. If one of these methods works for you the first time, it is likely to be your solution in case the problem arises again.
Rest your Amazon Fire Stick
One of the easiest and straightforward solutions to this problem is to reset your Amazon Fire Stick. Resetting your device might sort out the software glitch that caused this to occur. To do this you need to
- Press the center button and the play buttons simultaneously and hold both of them down for approximately five seconds until the Amazon Fire Stick automatically restarts.
- The center button on the remote is the one that is unlabeled, is larger than its surrounding buttons, and is circular in shape.
- When the television screen goes black and is followed by the logo, it is the sign that the Amazon Fire Stick has restarted.
Reset the other connections
If the resetting of your Amazon Fire Stick did not fix the error, the next thing you can try is to reset all the other devices that are connected to the Amazon Fire Stick, to do so follow the steps written below
For the Amazon Fire Stick
- Switch of the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Remove the Amazon Fire Stick plug from its power source.
- Wait for approximately thirty seconds.
- Connect the Amazon Fire Stick back to its socket.
For the HDMI cable
- Remove the HDMI cable from the Amazon Fire Stick and the television port that it is connected to.
- Wait for approximately ten seconds.
- Connect the HDMI cable back into its port on the Amazon Fire Stick and the television.
For the Wifi Router or Modem
- Switch of the Wifi router or modem.
- Remove the Wifi plug from its power source.
- Wait for approximately thirty seconds.
- Connect the Wifi modem or router back to its socket.
3. Change the HDMI ports
If the Fire Stick ‘home is currently unavailable’ error is one that occurs, a lot of the fault might lie in your HDMI cable. To remedy this all you need to do is switch the HDMI cable.
Most televisions come with multiple HDMI ports. Initially try plugging the HDMI cable into the alternate port. If that is not working try getting a new HDMI cable. To check whether your HDMI cable is not the one causing the trouble try connecting it to a different device, it works then it is the port, not the cable that is faulty.
If your television comes with a singular HDMI port you will probably have to check using a different television. If the port turns out to be faulty, call the television company and report the problem to them.
4. Reregistering for Amazon
Another reason why your Amazon Fire Stick might be showing an error is due to problems in the registration. To do this you need to
- Use the Remote to go to the Menu of the Fire TV.
- Choose the option titled Settings.
- Click on the option titled My Account.
- Select Amazon Account.
- Click on the option labeled Deregster.
- On clicking this option you will be prompted to confirm this choice. Click on confirm.
- In doing so, the Registration page should open up.
- When the page opens up, enter in your Amazon ID and password to re-register.
5. Contact Customer Support
If none of the methods above worked to remedy the Amazon Fire Stick ‘Home currency unavailable error’, it might be a more serious problem rather than a system glitch. If that is the case you need to contact Amazon customer support and use their assistance to solve the problem. They might also ask you to ship your Amazon Fire Stick back to the facility.
Why did my Amazon Fire Stick stop working suddenly?
Usually when the Fire Stick stops working the problem lies in the remote and not the Firestick, otherwise, it may be a system glitch. Either way, one of the simplest ways to get your device up and running is to reboot it.
To reboot your Amazon Firestick, you need to press the center button and the play buttons simultaneously and hold both of them down for approximately five seconds until the Amazon Fire Stick automatically restarts.
Can I fix ‘home currently unavailable without the remote?
If you do not have a remote, download the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone and use that as a temporary remote. The app is available in the Playstore and is free of cost. The Amazon Fire TV app is compatible with most smartphones.
Why is my Amazon Fire Stick not connecting to the wifi?
There can a variety of reasons why your Amazon Fire Stick is unable to connect to the Wifi. The first is the strength and the quality of the network connection available. Double-check your network connection to have strong internet with a high-speed network. If the Wifi is not the issue, it might be a software glitch.
All you need to do is to restart your Amazon Fire Stick. To reboot your Amazon Firestick, you need to press the center button and the play buttons simultaneously and hold both of them down for approximately five seconds until the Amazon Fire Stick automatically restarts.
Those were our suggestions on how to fix the error of ‘home is currently unavailable’ on amazon fire stick. The article listed different causes for why the error could have happened and offers five troubleshooting methods. It also answers other questions that have been asked on this subject.
The simplest way to solve this problem is to reset the Amazon Fire Stick, if that does not resolve the issue, then try resetting the router and Amazon. If nothing else seems to be working, call on Amazon’s customer support so that they can further aid and assist you.