8 Best 3d Printer Under $1000 For Professionals
3D printers have been in trend in recent years. With the advancement of technology and the growth of the internet, people are now looking at DIY stores and online businesses as a serious career opportunity. Some people want to buy a 3D printer just for fun.
Also, there has been an increase in the number of people pursuing a career in 3D printing, and then there is the ever-popular demand for 3D printers among STEM students to print projects and models.
Choosing the best 3D printer can be a tough row to hoe, especially if you are a beginner. I have curated a list of the best 3D printers under 1000 dollars to make things easier for you. It includes printers for everyone, be it a professional worker, a student, or someone looking for a 3D printer just for fun.
Best 3d Printer Under $1000
1. R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D Printer
- X-Max 3d printer. Since 2018, more than 10,000 new users worldwide have chosen X Max 3d printer each year. Through continuous user feedback, we continue to iterate on the technology. At least two technical upgrades a year, including software, Mechanical structure, core accessories, extruder.QIDI TECH hope to create value for users, create better product user experience and build the best brand of 3D printers in the world.
- R QIDI TECHNOLOGY provide free one-year warranty. Professional after-sale service team will help customers solve the problem within 12 hours.
The R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D Printer is an Industrial Grade printer that has gained a lot in terms of popularity in recent years.
This printer is compatible with various print media like polyethylene terephthalate glycol, stainless steel, alloy steel, thermoplastic polyurethane, nylon, polylactic acid, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, and carbon fiber.
The manufacturer provides a minimum of two technical updates annually. QIDI believes in quality, which is another reason why their 3D printers have been so popular recently.
The R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D printer has a dual-mode extrusion system. X-Max has two sets of extruders for each filament. Therefore, filament’s durability is enhanced. The first extruder is used for working with materials such as PLA, ABS, and TPU. It can reach a maximum temperature of about 240℃.
The other extruder is meant to work with more rigid materials. It works at a higher temperature and is suitable for carbon fiber, stainless steel, and tungsten steel.
The double Z-axis build is another striking feature of the R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D printer. It can perform high-quality industrial-grade printouts because of the double Z-axis compatibility as it functions in conjunction with two motors.
Since the R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D printer is giant, it can print larger-sized 3D models. Also, this printer is built to last. Thus, it can deliver consistent results even when a model requires over a day for printing. The R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D printer is the best 3D printer under 1000 for engineers and mass producers of market-ready 3D structures.
The build quality of this printer is supreme. Its shell comprises high-grade plastics that look neat and is safe. The R QIDI Technology Intelligent 3D printer uses high-quality accessories, bearings, CPUs, and motors. QIDI guarantees that the printer can be used rigidly for at least two years easily.
The after-sales service provided by QIDI is also excellent. They provide on-the-spot service in under twelve hours, along with a one-year warranty.
- The after-sales service is excellent.
- The quality of the print is above-par for its price.
- For the number of features it provides, it is affordable.
- There is no USB port.
- It does not provide GCode firmware access.
- There is no alert for when the filament is about to end.
2. LK5 Pro 3D Printer
- 【90% Pre-assembled with Stable Triangular Structure】LK5 Pro 3d large printer is 90% Pre-assembled with build size of 300*300*400mm. Plus the reinforced design of diagonal rods form a stable triangular structure, which can effectively reduce vibration and achieve more stable printing.
Next on the best 3D printer under 1000 is the LK5 Pro 3D printer. It is an open-source printer manufactured by the brand Longer.
LK5 Pro 3D printer is compatible with various printing materials like polylactic acid, polyethylene terephthalate glycol, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, and thermoplastic polyurethane.
LK5 Pro allows you to enhance your printer through the source code as an open-source printer. You can also share the modifications with the LK5 Pro community. You even get the support for BL touch installation. However, it is not included in the box.
LK5 Pro utilizes a lattice glass plate. It has a porous build that makes the hotbed flat, providing higher print quality. Because of this, you can easily disassemble your printout. It has a Teflon tube that can work on temperatures up to 280℃.
It does not soften up quickly, and it is simple to put filaments in place during printing. This improves the printing quality, and the nozzle does not clog easily.
The build quality of LK5 Pro is good. It has an upgraded design that fits industrial standards and makes the printer beginner-friendly. LK5 Pro has an inclined double Z-axis system. Because of this, you get a steady triangular frame that results in error reduction due to shaking.
LK5 Pro allows you to continue your work after a power cut. You also get a sensor that detects when your filament is about to run out. It saves time and your filament.
It is a low-noise printer that works quietly compared to other 3D printers in this price range. The maximum printing speed is about 180 mm/s, which is faster than its rivals.
Being a bulky printer, you get a large-sized build plate that quickly makes printing bigger models simpler. LK5 Pro features a Carborundum Glass Platform that offers excellent adhesion while printing.
It also makes it easier to unmount the print from the platform. Also, its platform is super flat. Thus, heat spreads evenly across the platform, enhancing printing quality.
The after-sales services are excellent since the brand aims to create a community that produces better 3D models. Thus, there is plenty of online help and support related to 3D printing, specifically this printer.
- LK5 Pro is an open-source printer.
- It offers a great printing speed.
- It features a Carborundum Glass Platform that has many benefits.
- The nozzle used is not of good quality.
- Some users complain that the plate is a bit shaky.
3. Official Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer Upgraded
- Self-developed Silent Motherboard: The Ender-3 V2 built-in self-developed silent motherboard, which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation.
- Resume Printing Function: Can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages, saving your time and reducing waste.
- Carborundum Glass Platform: Enable the hotbed heat up quicker and prints adhere better without the warping. Ultra smoothness even on the first layer.
Next, we have the Official Creality Ender 3 V2 3D printer. We have already reviewed the Creality Ender 3 on our website, and this is the improved, more expensive version of the same. Coming from the house of Comgrow, the Ender 3 is one of the most popular 3D printers in the market.
The Ender 3 V2 features a custom-made silent motherboard. It is fast and provides more stable performance, delivering consistent results without making much noise.
It is rated at a noise level of about 50dB, which is considerably low for a 3D printer. Ender 3 V2 also provides a more robust anti-interference mechanism, which enhances the sharpness of the print.
Ender 3 V2 has a rotary knob on the extruder, making changing the filament much simpler. It uses the V-guide rail pulley that makes all the motions stable and reduces wear resistance.
Also, it features a new user interface and a large-sized touch display which enhance your printing experience.
If you live in an area where you face frequent power cuts, the Ender 3 V2 will resume printing from the last recorded extruder position. This saves your time and reduces waste.
The Ender 3 V2 comes with the MeanWell power supply that provides fast and stable heating, ensuring good results over a long time. Also, the power supply is built inside the printer’s body, keeping in mind the user’s safety.
The Ender 3 V2printer features a Carborundum Glass Platform that lets the hotbed heat up faster than other standard platforms.
It provides stronger adhesion and ultra smoothness on all layers, including the first one. Also, this makes unmounting the model from the platform more accessible.
Overall, the Ender 3 V2 is one of the best 3D printers under 1000 for most users. It works well even for producing professional models.
However, it only works on polylactic acid. It includes a tool kit in the box. It is incorporated into the printer’s frame, making organizing more straightforward and convenient.
- Ender 3 V2 is a low-noise printer.
- It features a Carborundum Glass Platform.
- It lets you resume printing from the last extruder position in case of a power cut.
- It works only with polylactic acid.
- Setting up the printer is a bit tricky.
4. ANYCUBIC Vyper 3D Printer, 4th GenError: Unknown Link Type
The Vyper 3D Printer is a 4th generation upgraded automatic leveling metal 3D printer that works on fused deposition modeling. It is manufactured by ANYCUBIC and includes a Blu-ray in the box.
The Vyper 3D Printer is manufactured with a 16-point precise detection leveling bed. Vyper 3D printer has auto-leveling because of which, it can adjust the height from the platform to spout in just a single click.
Setting up this 3D printer is child’s play. All you need to do is install the frame, set up the display, and place the filament rack. It is beginner-friendly and one of the most straightforward printers in assembly.
The Vyper 3D Printer is a large-sized printer that can print up to about 245 x 245 x 260 mm. This size is large enough to print all your models, and it provides you the liberty to print at will. The Vyper 3D Printer offers a printing speed of about one hundred millimeters per second. Compared with other FDM 3D printers, you get a faster printing speed.
Vyper 3D Printer features a quiet 32-bit TMC2209 driver motherboard with a Cortex – M3 core. This ensures a robust performance. Vyper 3D holds a patent for their Z-axis gap removal module. It prevents any marks while printing and also makes less noise.
The Vyper 3D Printer delivers accurate printouts. It also has a large-sized display that enhances the user experience. It has a double gear extruder that reduces the intertwining of the filament. To reduce heat, this printer provides a dual-fan heat distribution system.
You can also resume printing after a power cut. Overall, ANYCUBIC Vyper 3D is one of the best 3D printers under 1000. One of the reasons ANYCUBIC is famous for its 3D printers is its customer service.
- The Vyper 3D Printer has a double gear extruder.
- It allows you to resume printing after a power cut.
- Setting up this printer is extremely simple.
- Sometimes, the printer displays that the heating stage is completed before printing.
- The printer gets too hot at times.
5. R QIDI TECHNOLOGY i Mates 3D Printer
- Excellent user experience, large UI interface.The imates equipped with self-developed QIDI slicing software, two modes can be selected: normal mode and expert mode. The normal mode is suitable for novices, the parameter system has been intelligently set, no other operations are required, it is very simple. Expert mode is suitable for experienced users, who can deeply participate in modifying parameters and personalized printing models.
Next on this list of the best 3D printers under 1000 is the i Mates 3D printer. It is also the first closed printer on this list. It is an all-metal frame 3D printer manufactured by QIDI Technologies.
The i Mates 3D printer has an industrial-grade design and is built to last. This printer is ready for anything you throw at it with robust manufacturing. If you do not know how to assemble a 3D printer, you do not need to worry a tad bit because it comes pre-assembled out of the box. You can use it directly. QIDI has become one of the most popular 3D printer brands because of its quality products.
The i Mates 3D printer is safer than the printers listed above as it is a closed printer. The body is designed such that you can perform ventilated printing.
It is compatible with polylactic acid and ABS. The results are fabulous with ABS filament. Also, the i Mates 3D printer is an FDM printer. Thus, you can be assured of quality results.
The i Mates 3D printer provides excellent results even while printing large models. You get stable printing and a good finish. i Mates 3D printer uses a smaller-sized nozzle which increases the accuracy of the print and delivers quick results. It prints more gently, providing finesse to your model.
The i Mates 3D printer keeps in mind the user experience while printing. Thus, you can be assured of a smooth printing experience because of the device’s large display and easy functionality. It offers you a normal mode and a more advanced, expert mode.
For beginners, the normal mode will work fine. It will automatically set the system parameters and ensure that you have to put in the minimum effort to print your 3D model.
On the other hand, the expert mode is meant for professionals who know 3D printing inside-out. It provides you with complete control over the machine, and you can adjust every system parameter to make your model fit your preference.
Overall, the i Mates 3D printer is one of the best enclosed 3D printers under 1000 dollars.
- i Mates 3D printer is safe as it is an enclosed printer.
- It produces excellent results.
- The expert mode provides you with a lot more control over the printer.
- The font size on display is not changeable.
- It is not an open-source printer. Thus, you can not modify your printer.
6. ELEGOO Resin 3D Printer, Mars 3 MSLA 3D Printer
- 【Higher resolution and output】Mars 3 is ELEGOOs first desktop mSLA 3D printer with super-high precision. It adopts a 6.66 inches mono LCD with Ultra 4K HD resolution, which has a 30% higher XY resolution at 35μm and 37% higher build volume than Mars 2, delivering amazing 3D prints.
- 【The release film 2.0】With less release tension, the small and thin supports added to your model will be well-protected. Mars 3 has a greatly improved success rate when printing 3D models with lots of details.
The Resin Mars 3 is the next printer on our list of the best 3D printers under 1000 dollars. It is manufactured by ELEGOO and is their first ultra 4K Monochrome LCD printer.
The highlight of Resin Mars 3 is a 6.66 inches ultra 4K resolution monochrome LCD. It is a compact and lightweight printer compared to other 3D printers on this list. Resin Mars 3 features an updated light source for ultraviolet rays based on the onboard chip lens.
The printing space has increased by over thirty-seven percent compared with its predecessor. There have been significant improvements in terms of accuracy as well.
Compared to Mars 2, the accuracy has improved by over thirty percent. Resin Mars 3 is more efficient as it uses less power to print for the same amount of time.
The quality of printing is one of the best under this price range. It offers more stable performance, and the model is sharp and has a nice texture.
Resin Mars 3 provides a lesser release strain. Thus, the tiny supporting structures of your model do not wear out quickly. It is an ideal printer for printing models with high detailing.
The upgraded light source structure with 36 LEDs increases the uniformity in UV light distribution, enhancing dimensional precision while printing. ELEGOO has turned to a copper-based heat dissipation system that reduces the light decay of your printer and increases its longevity. The heat does not remain trapped inside the printing area, and thus, your printer functions well for a longer duration.
ELEGOO promises you over six-thousand hours of continuous printing, which is insane. It also provides you with an annual trial version of Chitibubox Pro for free. It helps you improve the output of your printer and opens up unlimited possibilities related to 3D printing.
Overall, the ELEGOO Resin Mars 3 is one of the best enclosed 3D printers under 1000 dollars if you need a safe 3D printer for a lower price.
- Resin Mars 3 provides higher accuracy.
- It has an improved heat dissipation system.
- The package includes a one-year subscription to Chitibubox Pro.
- The printing speed is a bit slow.
- There is no protection over the LCD, so it is prone to scratches and damage.
7. ANYCUBIC Resin 3D Printer
ANYCUBIC Resin Photon Mono X 6K printer is one of the upper price range printers in this list of the best 3D printers under 1000 dollars.
Since Resin Photon Mono X 6K is an expensive printer, it is a large-sized printer that can print multiple models at once.
It also improves the printer’s efficiency by printing more in the same amount of power. Resin Photon Mono X 6K is ideal for people who need to print large-sized professional models like toys for sale.
With a significant printing component, this printer also provides a large 9.25 inches 6K resolution display that is vibrant and has punchy colors. Since Resin Photon Mono X 6K is a monochrome screen, your display will last longer than a standard colored LCD.
Also, the manufacturer has provided a scratch-resistant coating on display, which makes your screen more durable by preventing it from regular scratches and damages.
ANYCUBIC has implemented a new forty LED system that acts as a source for UV light. This makes light distribution uniform, and the result is superior in quality.
Resin Photon Mono X 6K prints with a high sense of accuracy so that every tiny detail of your model is clearly visible. It is ideal for producing high-quality industry-ready models. In terms of print quality, it is the best quality 3D printer under 1000 dollars.
Resin Photon Mono X 6K prints at an insanely fast rate. With optimum settings, you can achieve a speed of approximately one second per layer. This saves you a lot of time, not to forget its ability to print multiple models simultaneously.
Another striking feature of Resin Photon Mono X 6K is its ability to support third-party slicing applications for all its primary functions. However, for advanced functions, you will have to purchase additional software.
Overall, Resin Photon Mono X 6K is undoubtedly one of the best enclosed 3D printers under 1000 dollars for professional use. It can produce high-quality results without a lot of issues.
- ANYCUBIC Resin Photon Mono X 6K printer has a fast printing rate.
- It has a large LCD.
- You can print multiple models simultaneously.
- Some users have complained about the build quality of the printer.
- The customer care is unresponsive.
8. FLASHFORGE Adventurer 4 3D Printer
- Auto Leveling Flexible CNC Platform: The platform is composed of CNC installation base leveling and 8.0mm ultra flat composite alloy plate. Adventure 4 has excellent printing quality and high success rate. Simply fold the platform to remove the creature within 5 seconds.
- Removable Nozzle: Packed with standard 0.4 240℃ and 0.6 265℃ high temperature extruders, compatible with 0.3/0.4/0.6mm, 240/265℃ extruders. Adventurer 4 shows great performance on 3d printing ABS, PLA, PC, PETG, PLA-CF, PETG-CF, and other materials.
- Easier to Use: FREE-level platform, unbox to print, no need to level or adjust platform. auto-detects filament usage status, avoids filament waste, ensures printing efficiency. The dual Z-axis system provides high stability to print.
- Upgraded Air Filtration System: Equipped with HEPA 13 filter, it can effectively remove 99% of the smell of TVOC powder and activated carbon filter. Aslo maintains a higher heat emission efficiency than Adventurer 3
- Built-in HD Webcam: You could track the printing progress in real time. Adventure 4 printing can be resumed after power failure or other accidents. With fast printing technology, you would see what you expect very soon
The last printer on this list of the best 3D printers under 1000 dollars is the Adventurer 4 3D printer by FLASHFORGE. It is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to 3D Printers.
If you do not know much about 3D printing and are thinking of producing professional models for an Instagram shop or any small-scale business, the Adventurer 4 is an ideal bet for you. It comes pre-installed out of the box, and you can just plug it in and get to printing your model.
Made for beginners, Adventurer 4 has an easy-remove spout that can be replaced within three seconds. It comes with three extruder sizes, and you can easily switch them according to your needs. Adventurer 4 can attain a maximum temperature of about 265℃, sufficient for small-scale printing.
Adventurer 4 is compatible with ABS, polylactic acid, polycarbonate fibers, reinforced polylactic acid, and PETG-CF. It provides a free-level platform that makes it easier to print your models. Adventurer 4 also allows you to resume printing after a power cut. It lets you control your printing via WiFI or Ethernet.
Adventurer 4 is compatible with all primary cloud services. Thus, you can print from anywhere. Also, FlashPrint slicing software is included with the package, so you do not have to buy it separately.
Also, you get one kilogram of the polylactic acid filament along with the box. This printer has an energy-saving mode that prints on low power. The down point of it is that the printout is of low quality.
Adventurer 4 is an eco-friendly printer as it has a HEPA13 air filter that cleans the air ejected by the printer. Thus, there are no carcinogenic harmful plastic fumes released in the air. Overall, Adventurer 4 is one of the best 3D printers under 1000 for beginners.
- Adventurer 4 is compatible with a lot of materials.
- It is beginner-friendly.
- It has a HEPA13 air purifier in-built.
- It makes a lot of noise.
- The software of this printer contains a lot of bugs.
What to look for in a 3D Printer?
The most essential aspect of any purchase is your budget and the price of purchasing the item. You can get a 3D printer for as low as 150 dollars, and the highest price has no cap.
Ideally, for an excellent 3D printer, you will have to spend around three hundred to six hundred dollars.
If you want a more professional-level 3D printer, you will have to push your budget a bit because the best quality 3D printer under 1000 will cost you a fortune.
If you are looking for the best 3D quality printer under 1000 dollars, you would probably want it to be compatible with many printing materials like PLA, ABS, and carbon fibers.
You must be sure about which material you will use as the base of your model and select the 3D printer accordingly.
Safety is an essential concern, and 3D printers can be risky. They dissipate a lot of heat and plastic fumes and can get a little too hot to handle at times.
The best quality 3D printer under 1000 dollars should be enclosed and must have something to treat the fumes it releases.
The quality of the model is what one buys a 3D printer for. If you buy the best 3D printer under 1000 dollars, you should ensure that the model it prints has excellent detailing. It must have a nice texture and be sturdy at the same time.
Are expensive 3D printers worth it?
This question can have both yes and no as answers. It all depends on the individual’s purpose in purchasing a 3D printer.
If you are looking for a 3D printer just to print some DIY toys and for fun, buying an expensive 3D printer is not worth it.
However, if you are looking to produce professional-level models, you will have to purchase an expensive, industrial-grade 3D printer.
In my opinion, the best 3D printer under 1000 dollars is the ANYCUBIC Resin Photon Mono X 3D printer.
It has a large, enclosed body and can print multiple models simultaneously. For professional users, the quality it delivers is excellent.
It has a fast printing speed, and the large 6K display enhances the overall printing experience. You might face an issue with their customer care service, but that depends on your region. Overall, it is the best 3D printer under 1000 dollars.