Discord is a fabulous platform for chatting and expressing your thoughts over the internet. Users can now delete messages sent by them to prevent others from seeing it. But there is a way you can see it and many users are searching the internet for How to see deleted Discord messages.
You can’t recover deleted messages on Discord. What you can do is install a bot that logs all the messages for you. The bot will record and save all the chats sent by the users. You can then easily access the deleted chat using the bot. Logger and Dyno bot are perfect for this task.
Doing this is easy. All you have to do is add a bot on your server and let it do everything. Then, when a user deletes a chat, the bot will post a message on a channel containing the name and message that was deleted.
This was the easiest way of seeing deleted messages on Discord. Keep in mind that this method will ensure that any deleted messages from now on are recorded and kept safe. We won’t be able to restore any previously deleted messages before adding the bot.
There is a way to check if someone blocked you on Discord or not as well.
Here in this article, we will be sharing ways to see deleted messages on a Discord server. Sit tight.
How to See Deleted Messages on Discord Server
Discord has claimed that users can’t restore or recover old messages that were deleted by them. Also if someone else has deleted a message from their side, there is no chance you can retrieve it again.
The only thing you CAN do is use a bot to log all the chats on a server. Even if a user deleted some messages, the logged data will be there to check their messages again.
There are numerous bots that do the same. You can easily search for ‘Discord see deleted messages bot” and find hundreds of them.
These bots come in handy when someone mass deletes Discord messages on a server.
But for this guide, we will be using two of the most well-known plugins for Discord – Dyno Bot and Logger.
1. Using Dyno Bot
Dyno Bot is a moderation bot used to control and manage a Discord server. One moderation feature is logging of all the chat data. You can later access this chat data to find the deleted message sent by any user.
To set up Dyno bot for seeing deleted messages on Discord, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the official Dyno Bot website.
- Click on the button that says Login with Discord.
- Enter your Discord credentials if asked for.
- You’ll be directed to a Manage Servers webpage. Select the server where you want the add the bot.
- Complete the captcha and the bot will be added to your server.
- Now, from the left sidebar, click on the option that says Modules.
- Enable the Action Log module and then click on the Settings option as well.
- Select any text channel where you want the bot to post notifications (#general recommended).
- Under the Events tab, check the one that says Message Deleted.
- Keep the Ignored Channels section as it is.
- The settings will be saved automatically.
Now if a user deletes any messages, Dyno bot will send a message containing the name of the member and the deleted message.
To test the bot, send a message on any text channel and delete it. The bot will notify other users of the deleted message.
You can also create a separate text channel for Dyno bot and allow only yourself to read messages on that channel.
2. Using Logger
Logger bot, as its name suggests, is used to log chat data on a Discord server.
To set up Logger bot so it logs all your data, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the official Logger bot website.
- Click on the Invite button on the top-right.
- Follow on-screen instructions to add the bot to your server.
- When logged in, click on the Server Selector option from the left.
- Select the server where you have added the bot.
- Under the Channels to Log to section, set #general as the log channel for messageDelete and messageDeleteBulk option.
- Hit the Save button at the bottom.
- Under the Modules section, check the messageDelete and messageDeleteBulk modules only.
- Save the settings by clicking on the Save button at the bottom.
Because Logger bot saves all the data, now whenever a user deletes a message, the bot will share a log for the same on the specified channel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you retrieve deleted messages on Discord?
No, you can’t retrieve deleted messages on Discord. Discord claimed that there is no way to recover messages that you have deleted on a server.
How to look at deleted Discord messages?
To check deleted messages on Discord, install and set up a bot like Dyno Bot or Logger that keeps track of all the deleted messages. The bots will notify you of any deleted message on your server.
So that was our take on How to see deleted Discord messages. In this post, we shared a way that you can use to read deleted chats on your server.
To check removed messages on Discord, install a bot like Dyno or Logger to keep track of all the messages in your server. When these bots find that a message has been deleted, they send a message containing the username and the deleted message.