6 Best Printer for Cricut: Tested & Approved
Creating crafts using Cricut is fun and serves as a side income for many college students and working professionals. Whether your Cricut machine functions on wood, paper, or leather, having a reliable printer that can realize your art on your Cricut is necessary.
Not all printers can print on heavy media, and thus, choosing a printer that supports heavy media is essential. Here we bring you the best printer for Cricut.
List of Best Printers for Cricut
- PIXMA TS5320 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer
- HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer with Wireless Printing
- Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e Wireless Color All-in-One Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One
- Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner
1. Canon PIXMA TS5320 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer
- With a 1.44” OLED display & LED status bar easily navigate and view your printer status. The OLED display displays deep, accurate color and the LED status bar provides simple printer status information – even from across the room.
The PIXMA TS5320 Wireless All-in-One Printer is an Inkjet printer from the house of Canon. It comes under the PIXMA series of Canon, which is specifically designed for photo printing. Being an all-in-one printer, this printer can print, copy and scan.
It is designed keeping in mind the space restrictions in modern offices. Thus, it is a very compact and stylish printer. The PIXMA TS5320 provides excellent printing quality with just two fine cartridges with a very easy-to-use interface.
This may also be a disadvantage for a heavy user but enough for any regular user. This printer prints on standard paper, cardstock, glossy photo paper, and vinyl, with the quality of print increasing as the quality of print media increases.
This printer offers excellent connectivity features. Using the Canon Print app, one can print photos and text directly from your smartphone.
This printer also supports Bluetooth and WiFi 5.0. It is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Android (via Canon Print app). It is a modern printer. Thus, it supports direct printing via significant cloud services like Google Drive and AirPrint.
Printing speed is an essential feature of any printer. This printer offers an average print speed of about 13 to 15 pages per minute for black and white and about half for color printouts.
The printing rate tends to decrease as the thickness of the print media increases. The maximum print size offered by this printer is 8.5” x 14”.
Some users have complained about a grey strap that appears across the borders of a print. It is unnecessary and wastes a lot of ink.
Also, this printer’s ink is quite expensive, and this does not work with standard, cheap cartridges.
- Superb printing quality for the price
- Above-average print speed
- Prints on a variety of material
- The cost of printing is high as it supports only Canon’s original ink, which is costly.
- The display is a mere 1.44”, which is very small.
2. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer
- Stunning photos for less than 5 cents – Features of this photo printer include print, scan, copy, fax, borderless & wireless printing, SD card slot, auto document feeder, plus photo prints for less than 5 cents with HP Instant Ink (subscription required)
The HP ENVY 7855 is an all-in-one wireless inkjet printer explicitly meant for photo printing. Made by HP, this is an aggressively priced photo printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax, along with an option for borderless printing.
It is a compact and light-weighted printer capable of printing on plain paper, high-resolution paper, glossy photo paper, cardstock, vinyl, and envelopes. The most vital aspect of a photo printer is its print quality.
The print quality of this printer is superior to most other printers available in this price range. Photos printed on good quality paper are at par with professionally printed photographs.
The printer offers a maximum print speed of about 15 pages per minute for black and white, suitable for a photo printer in this price range.
The standout feature of this printer is its cost of printing. With the HP Instant Ink subscription, the cost of photo printing on this printer reduces to around 5 cents per page, which is insanely low when compared to that of other photo printers.
This printer offers excellent connectivity options. It pairs readily with Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android devices. It supports WiFi 5.0, WPS, and Bluetooth for wireless printing.
However, printing via Bluetooth takes a lot of time. So, it is not preferred. It has support for various cloud services as well.
Printing can also be done directly from different social media applications. For photographers, this printer offers a slot for memory cards, through which printing can be done directly.
Other features of this printer include auto-duplex, auto document feeder, direct scan to email, and support for HP high-yield cartridges.
This printer provides almost everything expected out of a photo printer for a rookie artist.
- Highly affordable to a printer that works with a Cricut maker
- Printing quality is comparable with professional printouts
- High printing speed
- Build quality is not good
- The printer falters when put under a heavy workload.
3. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
- With wireless connect and the Canon Print app, use your smartphone to quickly and easily set up your printer and print right from your smartphone or tablet
The PIXMA TR4520 is another wireless inkjet photo printer from Canon’s well-known PIXMA series. This is an all-in-one printer that can print, fax, copy, and scan.
It is another compact and light-weighted printer capable of printing on plain paper, glossy photo paper, and heavy paper. This printer does not serve a particular job or purpose.
Instead, it is a general-purpose printer with many capabilities. The print results are good while printing on plain paper and decent while using a better quality paper than plain paper.
The maximum print size that this printer offers is 8.5” x 14”. This printer lacks behind in the print speed as it provides a top print speed of just about nine pages per minute. Also, it cannot deliver consistent results under a heavy workload.
The limited options that this printer offers work very well regarding connectivity. Canon PIXMA TR4520 supports all primary cloud services like AirPrint, Google Cloud, and Dropbox.
It works with Windows and macOS directly, and to print via your smartphone, you need to connect it with the Canon Print Application. Canon PIXMA TR4520 works directly with all Amazon Fire devices. It has support for WiFi 5.0 as well.
It also offers USB cable support that works without any issue. If you are someone who uses voice assistants often, this printer is compatible with all Alexa devices. So, you can just ask your printer to print anything on the go.
Although this printer has a fair number of flaws, the price at which it is available makes it an ideal choice for college students, teachers, and those who want to have an all-in-one printer underhand for when the need arises. It is definitely not the right choice if you look for a printer for office purposes.
- Affordable for features it offers.
- Wireless connectivity works without any issues.
- Compact and easy to use.
- Below average print speed.
- Build quality is inferior.
- Limited connectivity options.
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e Wireless Colour All-in-One Printer
- BEST FOR SMALL BUSINESSES AND HOME OFFICES – Print professional-quality color documents like forms, reports, brochures and presentations
Launched in 2021, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e Wireless inkjet printer is an all-in-one printer with many modern technologies.
Being light-weight and compact, it offers multiple functions to suit the needs of a variety of customers. It can print, copy, fax, and scan like any other printer in this price range.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e supports a variety of print media, like plain paper, glossy photo paper, envelopes, cardstock, and vinyl.
Also, it is a printer that works fine with a Cricut Maker. The print quality on this printer is great while using plain paper, and it only increases on using high-quality paper.
With the HP Instant Ink subscription, you get original HP cartridges at low prices, which reduces the cost of printing significantly.
The size of this printer is decent, with an input capacity of about 225 sheets. It offers an amazingly fast print speed of about 20-22 pages per minute for black and white and half of it for colour printouts.
Even under a heavy workload, the print speed does not reduce significantly. When working with relatively heavier print media, this printer manages to offer a very high print speed.
This printer offers support for various Operating Systems like Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, and Android in terms of connectivity.
You can directly print via your smartphone as well. It supports cloud services like AirPrint, Google Drive, Dropbox and is Mopria certified. It works on WiFi 5.0 and has support for WiFi-Direct printing as well.
There is a unique “self-healing” WiFI facility that fixes minor connectivity issues on its own.
Overall, it is the best printer for Cricut under this price range. It is ideal for small businesses, offices and homes.
- Print quality is superior for the price range.
- Print speed is ridiculously fast.
- Variety of connectivity options.
- Affordable for the number of features it provides.
- Setting up the printer is not easy for people with low tech knowledge.
- The printer shows a “low on ink” alert even when there is a lot left.
5. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Colour All-in-One Supertank Printer
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink cartridges; Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles make filling easy and worry-free
From the house of Epson comes the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 all-in-one Supertank printer. It is a wireless printer that can Print, copy and scan.
It is a fast, easy-to-use, and affordable printer with a lot of functionality. Instead of the traditional ink cartridge system, this printer uses easily refillable ink tanks. This ensures low-cost printing and reduces the tension of refilling the ink frequently. Also, Epson offers two years of ink in the box.
The print quality that this printer offers is excellent. On Cardstock and Cricut materials, photo print is similar to that from a professional level printout.
The printing cost is reduced to about one cent per black and white page and about 20 cents per colored photograph because of the Epson EcoTank technology. The maximum printing speed that this printer offers is about ten pages per minute.
When it comes to connectivity, this printer offers excellent connectivity options. It works with almost all smart devices with the Epson Smart Panel Application and is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and Chrome OS.
It also has in-built hands-free, voice-activated printing and works with Alexa devices. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 has support for WiFi 5.0, Ethernet, and USB Cable as well.
Overall, it is a good printer for offices and homes. It performs well under a heavy workload while maintaining print quality.
- It uses the InkTank technology, which reduces the cost of printing to a great extent.
- The print quality is outstanding.
- Easy to set up and use.
- It does not save WiFi passwords.
- Tech Support is not up to the mark.
- Print Speed is not good enough for the price point.
- Small paper input capacity.
6. Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Colour Printer
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink. Cartridges described as Compatible, Remanufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all. See product description for more details.
The Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-one inkjet printer is a wireless printer that can print, copy, scan, and fax. It is a lightweight and compact printer.
This printer offers decent print quality on plain paper, and the quality increases with an increase in the paper quality. It is compatible with various paper qualities like plain paper, glossy photo paper, and cardstock. However, there is a weight limit for every type of paper.
Epson Workforce WF-2830 offers a maximum print speed of about 10-11 pages per minute which are good enough for this price range.
The maximum print size offered by this printer is 8.5” x 11”. The maximum print resolution of this printer is 5760 x 1440 DPI, which is suitable for this price range.
This printer offers limited connectivity options. It works with WiFi 5.0 and offers support for WiFi Direct printing. You can print directly from your iPhone or Android device via AirPrint or Google Drive, respectively. There is no support for Bluetooth and Ethernet cable.
It is affordable and is meant for college students, teachers, and small businesses. For budding artists,
- Affordable for the features it offers.
- Very quiet even while working on Cricut material.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Setting up WiFi takes quite some time.
- Does not work with any ink other than Epson’s.
- Offers limited connectivity options.
Things to Consider While Buying a printer for cricut
One of the critical aspects of any printer is its print quality. The best printer for Cricut projects should offer superior print quality because professionals usually do Cricut projects. The best printer for Cricut must have a resolution of 5760 x 1440 DPI or higher.
Price is always an essential factor whenever someone buys anything, and so is the case while buying the best printer for Cricut.
A printer that works best with Cricut maker tends to be a bit more expensive than regular printers, but you can find the right deal and make the best printer for Cricut fit your budget.
The best printer for Cricut Projects should be able to support a variety of paper types and quality, ranging from plain paper to vinyl and cardstock. It should be able to work with heavy paper efficiently.
The best printer for the Cricut must offer support for all major Operating Systems and Cloud Services because you will be paying a higher price for the same.
It must support WiFi 5.0. Compatibility with WiFi-direct and a slot for SD Card is an added advantage.
Since nobody likes to lift or move anything heavy, the portability and compactness of a printer are essential.
The best printer for Cricut projects must be compact and light-weighted. At the same time, the best printer for the Cricut must be robust. So, there shall be a balance between the printer’s power and its portability.
Every printer listed above belongs to a different price segment, and thus, their features differ in the same way.
In my opinion, the best printer for Cricut is the HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer. It offers outstanding value for money, and the print quality is just superb.
The printing speed is also very high compared to other printers in this price range. Even after being so affordable, the cost of printing offered by this printer is meager.
Though this model has a few compromises, its features outdo its flaws.
FAQs on Best Printer for Cricut
Is inkjet or laser better for Cricut?
Inkjet printer is the best printer for the Cricut as Laser printer is not compatible with Cricut materials. It is so because laser printers use heat to melt the printer toner on the material, and this heat could, in turn, melt the Cricut material and thus, ruin the interior of the laser printer.
Do I need a printer for my Cricut maker?
Yes, if you need to print and cut, you need a printer for a Cricut maker.
Can a Cricut be a printer?
No, Cricut can not be used as a printer because they are cutting machines used to cut a wide range of materials.
Can I use a laser printer for print and then cut Cricut?
One can use a laser printer to print and then cut the Cricut, but this is not recommended as mainly, the Print then Cut feature is used primarily with Printable Vinyl. The mechanism of printing inside a Laser printer will ruin the material of Printable Vinyl.